2011 caddy front bumper upgrade ?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
savagebulldogs
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

2011 caddy front bumper upgrade ?

Post by savagebulldogs »

After a skip lorry decided to lessen its load in front of me on the carriage way Image

I've been left with a missing fog light blanking plate and a few deep scratches on the bumper . After contacting The skip company they've agreed to pay for the cost with no quibbles (and plenty of apologies)

My caddy is the early facelift version (exbg) and doesn't have the chrome trim on the bumper or lights (like the later facelift versions)

Although they look the same fitment I thought I'd ask on here before ordering 1 from vw.

Would the chrome trim version bumper be a straight swap without changing my lights and reusing my fog blanking plates?
Image Image
Last edited by savagebulldogs on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amelia
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: 2011 caddy front bumper upgrade ?

Post by Amelia »

Hi mate just a quickey would you no if the larger bit straight under the number plate is a part on its own .A pigeon
Just broke mine as for the bling bits think most just get from say van style they just stick over the top of original
Ones look the part and don't come off
Amelia
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Amelia »

savagebulldogs
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by savagebulldogs »

Just from a bit of searching prior to posting, it looks like the black plastic front bumpers are 1 piece (upper ,lower grills are all part of the bumper)

However the painted versions do seem to list different parts for upper lower grills but I'm unsure if that was just the golf/touran bumpers .
If nowone on here knows Maybe a call to vw might give you your answer .
Best of luck ,clive
Amelia
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Amelia »

Many thanks
savagebulldogs
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by savagebulldogs »

Think I'll just order the standard bumper today if no one knows? . i dare say if the chrome trim across the bumper isn't part of the bumper ,it won't be included in the £296 vw quote for a replacement anyways .
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

The painted bumpers are separate parts - top grill and the bumper plus all the trims. The grill alone is £170 from memory, as it's painted gloss black, so once you've bought all the bits and had them painted would be getting on for £1k (again, just a guess). There are quite a few bumpers from time to time on eBay so would be a cheaper option and you can use either the 2011-2015 Caddy or Touran versions as they both fit. If you dig around on here there are part numbers for them.
savagebulldogs
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by savagebulldogs »

I spotted a r line (non genuine) bumper with painted grills and running lights for about £270 but the bumper itself, needed to be primed and painted . Although i like the look of the painted versions im a plasterer by trade and know it will probably get scratched n stone chipped

So im gonna stick with the all in 1 non painted version but that info will definitely be helpfull to Amelia
savagebulldogs
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by savagebulldogs »

I fitted the New bumper and fog cover this morning Image so it's looking much better now .

So if someone wants a slightly damaged early facelift black plastic bumper ?

You can have it for free if its collected by next Saturday from suffolk otherwise it's going to the tip

Thanks to to those who posted and admin feel free to delete or move if this is not the place to advertise a freebie Image ImageImageImage
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Maxi4life »

You can buy a new touran primed bumper from Eurocarparts using code MID36 brings it down to £134.39 You'll need the grills though can buy them off ebay with brushed aluminium accents.
savagebulldogs
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by savagebulldogs »

I just went with the new oe option from wv in the end as the fog covers look different on the later facelift and i didn't want to have any paintwork done .
Amelia
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Amelia »

Now it's off mate can you confirm that the middle bit dose not come out thank you
savagebulldogs
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by savagebulldogs »

On the abs finish plastic type (not painted) the bumper ,upper grill and lower grill are all 1 piece.

Just the towing eye / fog light blanks and badge are separate items , so i had to sawp those from my old bumper

The painted finish bumpers (like yours) appear to have separate (gloss black finish) ,upper grill , lower grill and fog light blanks/ fog light surrounds . Have a search on here someone's kindly posted a schematic of the bumper and parts on 1 of the posts i found ,while loocking for my answer .

Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Maxi4life »

I think she's asking because she has a standard one piece bumper painted and want's to fit the lower grill with chrome accent, so asked you if it's removable or not.
savagebulldogs
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by savagebulldogs »

Ah fair enough, i assumed as hers was painted with a chrome grill it was originally painted .

As id imagine the black plastic would require a lot of prep before paintwork due to the mottled finish .