Pioneer Double Din Stereo Installation

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
ElliotH
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Pioneer Double Din Stereo Installation

Post by ElliotH »

Can anyone help? I have a 2012 62reg caddy, I’ve bought a pioneer double din stereo with Apple car play and DAB radio, I’ve bought the head unit and DAB Ariel but I’m confused about what other parts I need to fit, I know I need and Ariel adaptor, fascia adaptor and iso patch kit, but which one do I get??? I don’t want to have ignition issues, want the stereo to turn on and off with the key and don’t want to have to turn off manually, can anyone advise please? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John stratton
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Re: Pioneer Double Din Stereo Installation

Post by John stratton »

I made these notes when I installed mine . May be useful for you .
Caddy Van Pioneer SPH-D120 Install Dec 2016 plus Camera
------------------------------------------
Can bus radio adaptor from justcarkits , no ignition feed required. Specially for VW etc.

Antenna booster , fed from remote on Pioneer as required 12v power

Handbrake Bypass , eBay 3 wired. See instructions sheet in paperwork . Can use functions not normally available with handbrake off.

Camera reverse lights signal taken from black / blue wire behind near side panel .

Signal into relay , relay permanent live taken from spare live on fuse box , earth from behind radio . Power from relay into reverse signal input at back of radio .

GPS antenna installed under glovebox , only plastic above it , no metal .

Relay required for reverse signal due to not working when engine running , can bus lowers voltage !! 30 / 85 / 86 / 87

Switched live from behind light switch to enable use of camera view when not in reverse , use setting control to operate , comes on in about 5/10 seconds .

Cables from camera fed under side door scuff plate . Just prizes up . Just pushed up front door step skirts .

Relays are behind radio

Yes Ok

ElliotH
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ElliotH »

Thanks John, ended up with an iso adaptor that doesn’t have the ignition feed, any idea where I can get that from that’s easily accessible?

fastesi
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by fastesi »

Quite confused does your van is blue motion?? I fed my unit from a spare empty fuse but when blue motion is activated stereo turns off and comes on again....
So i keep the start and stop off all the time (saves my cambelt too)

On a reverse camera I'm looking in to fit one but I'm confused again on where we should feed the camera I read here to feed from a rear wiper what makes sense but is a permanent live and if is a reverse camera with leds like the one i'm interested on means if the feed is live all the time means the leds from the camera will be on all the time so must be a place to feed only when we reverse and the trigger for the stereo is ok if we get it from the reverse light right or will be easier to get from the wiring behind the cluster?? To be honest i don't like to mess with clusters...

Sorry for all this questions but you did yours allready so is easy to let as know what way to follow....

Thank you and if you can post some pictures of it to have a look would be great!!..... :D :D :D :D
John stratton
100BHP+

Post by John stratton »

ElliotH wrote:Thanks John, ended up with an iso adaptor that doesn’t have the ignition feed, any idea where I can get that from that’s easily accessible?

You can get an ignition feed from the lights switch .

John stratton
100BHP+

Post by John stratton »

fastesi wrote:Quite confused does your van is blue motion?? I fed my unit from a spare empty fuse but when blue motion is activated stereo turns off and comes on again....
So i keep the start and stop off all the time (saves my cambelt too)

On a reverse camera I'm looking in to fit one but I'm confused again on where we should feed the camera I read here to feed from a rear wiper what makes sense but is a permanent live and if is a reverse camera with leds like the one i'm interested on means if the feed is live all the time means the leds from the camera will be on all the time so must be a place to feed only when we reverse and the trigger for the stereo is ok if we get it from the reverse light right or will be easier to get from the wiring behind the cluster?? To be honest i don't like to mess with clusters...

Sorry for all this questions but you did yours allready so is easy to let as know what way to follow....

Thank you and if you can post some pictures of it to have a look would be great!!..... :D :D :D :D
My van is not a blue motion .
You can use the black / blue reversing lights wire from behind the plastic interior panel above the rear wheel arch but this alone will not operate the reversing camera as it has a voltage drop . You can use it to trigger the relay but the relay will require a live feed from the fuse box . It’s a while ago since I did mine so cannot clearly remember everything and should have taken some pics along the way .

ElliotH
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ElliotH »

John stratton wrote: My van is not a blue motion .
You can use the black / blue reversing lights wire from behind the plastic interior panel above the rear wheel arch but this alone will not operate the reversing camera as it has a voltage drop . You can use it to trigger the relay but the relay will require a live feed from the fuse box . It’s a while ago since I did mine so cannot clearly remember everything and should have taken some pics along the way .

15 plus years ago this was all much more simple, I changed my stereo over in about 10 minutes.

John stratton
100BHP+

Post by John stratton »

ElliotH wrote: 15 plus years ago this was all much more simple, I changed my stereo over in about 10 minutes.

Yes I remember myself ImageImage

ElliotH
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ElliotH »

Does anyone know if my pioneer head unit should work until the key is removed from the ignition??? The installer is claiming it can’t be done??? Please help as I’ve paid a lot of money to have it installed and I think it’s wrong, I have to have full ignition on to have the stereo running, not the engine but all the heaters, lights etc?!

brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

It should work until the key is pulled out of the barrel or at least mine does.

What pioneer do you have?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Just depends how it's connected.
A good retrofitter will fit a CANbus interface or run a wire it to the fuse box for a switched feed.
Some just tap into the heater controls or cigarette lighter.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
ElliotH
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ElliotH »

This is what I haveImage

If I need an interface, any ideas?

Thankyou so much for the help Image

brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

As Doc said ether a can interface or run a switched live.

I bought my can interface from sounds alarming and was roughly £35.

I’m surprised the installer never used one of these options especially if you’ve paid a bit to have it done

stevie205
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by stevie205 »

I have the pioneer head unit, used an adapter, but can’t remember if it was a canbus one of not. Mine cuts out every time stop start kicks in. Highly irritating!

fastesi
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by fastesi »

I know the feeling I bought a can bus wiring from just car kits part number 20-156-IGN problem solved now I turn off the van and the stereo stays on until I remove the key well worthed money on that wiring call the guy he is really kind he told me over the phone how to wiring my backup camera...

Sent from my Sony Z5 Premium using Tapatalk