Caddy's and camping

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Shadow
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Caddy's and camping

Post by Shadow »

Does any body use an awning with there caddy ? and has any body got any camping set up pics ?
mikeystt
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Re: Caddy's and camping

Post by mikeystt »

Looking at the same idea, using the roof rack mounting points to fasten a bar with loops to. Easy to remove when not in use, once that's sorted I know a place that will custom fabricate an awning for me.
White 08 plate SDI, 18" Old style RS4 alloys, Team heko wind deflectors, Bonnet bra, Mk5 Golf GT seats, Upgraded VW HiFi
bigootang
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by bigootang »

I made rock n roll bed for mine using an old ikea futon (dont laugh!) and used a gazebo for an awning last year.

Ive since taken out the rock n roll bed and have started work on a new set up which will use the rear seat ive newly fitted as a support for the foam mattress. Ive got a pull out draw which has the hob, sink and tap, this fits between the rear wheel arches and under a 'parcel shelf' type of support that is the rear part of the mattress support.

It will look better than it sounds but will have to be finished when the weather gets much warmer!

I really liked the look of the 2 minute camper idea - search for that on the forum however it costs over 2 grand!

I was going to set up an awning as mentioned and tie it to the roof however when you want to drive about you would have to take it all down....

I bought a pukka awning to use this year but it looks so much hassle to put up and the gazebo just pops up-all I want to do is sit under it if it rains!
2006 tdi, DSG with paddleshift, Custom decatted staright through exhasut with small resonater, Pendle remap approx 160bhp, Scirroco seats on touran bases, lowered on coilovers/axle flip, "19 RS6 wheels in Matte Gold, Dooka Zenon headlight conversion, Touran mirrors
DownhillMaxi
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by DownhillMaxi »

This is how I have camped at mountain bike races, me and the misses slept in the back,

I'm also interested in the awning ideas, as if its pi$$ing it down all weekend I need somewhere to cook and stand to get out the rain while in wet muddy clothes.
Polarcherry
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by Polarcherry »

Thinking similar things about the awning - i reckon a custom bar too using the in place holes in the roof

Reckon a local welder should be able to sort something out