Caddy's wet!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Cadan
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Caddy's wet!

Post by Cadan »

Hi all,

I have had the caddy off the road for about a month now (new house and no insurance money :( ) I have been going out and starting it and leaving it ticking over for half hour every now and then but went out today and tried to start it, soon as i sat in it i noticed the key hole was wet, stuck the key in the ignition and turned the ignition on. No igntion lights and a terrible electrical crackling noise from behind the clocks... shiiiiit must have leaked through the roof bars (I quickly chucked them on before taking it off the road to do someone a favour and didnt bother with the rubbers because I thought I'd lose them!!)....

Well the Caddy started but only for a second,no rpm readout, just fired up then died.. must be because the clocks aren't sending the signal back to the ECU (or vice-versa)? Due to the wet connection...

I have disconnected the battery but haven't got time to do anything now until tomorrow...

I know most of you nuts on here have had your clocks out, anyone got a quick run through so I can take it all apart and get it dried??

And does anyone know if this is going to need to be re-programmed together once all dried etc??

Thanks

Danny