side rail cover from vw

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
vishmk1
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

side rail cover from vw

Post by vishmk1 »

hi i just rang vw to ask about the side rail cover for the caddy and its £30+vat.

has anyone brought the genuine one?

compaired to other kits out there its very cheap..

and info would be great
C20 tdi 20" Bentley Split Rims, V Maxx Coilovers, Audi S Line Seats,W8 interior light upgrade,OEM sat nav,heko wind deflectors, Touran Black Headlights, 3 rear seat conversion, cupra r spliter, s3 gear knob, 150BHP Mapped,Fully Carpeted With Roof Leds, Touran Bumper colour coded, VW Side Rail Cover, Touran Cluster Upgrade.

MK1 Golf Fully Restored
Lexus IS200 Japtastic
Audi RS4
Instagram Vishmk1
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: side rail cover from vw

Post by Doc »

I've only seen one non genuine one and it was a mess.
That is the price for the cover but you need the rail and rear clip along with it, plus painting and a front bracket if you don't already have one. The front bracket is custom made by RAD so VW won't be able to supply that. Add up all the parts and RAD are only getting a few quid for paint and P&P.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
SAL
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by SAL »

As DOC stated, time you buy the rail, the bracket, it all adds up! The only reason I didnt buy the whole lot from RAD is my bodyshop done the VW bits for me and they are painting loads of stuff for me inc the covers
Postman_bat
Hyper Poster

Post by Postman_bat »

Agree just buy matts complete kit worth it all day long
1 person
1 goal
gjseb
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by gjseb »

there is a link on here for one off these some where
basman
Hyper Poster

Post by basman »

To be honest cheaper to get from vw then get bracket from rad unless you do a DIY like I did!
turbo si
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by turbo si »

The covers 30 but the rail is £45 and as said you need to make a bracket for the front :)
Wardy1
100BHP+

Post by Wardy1 »

Doc wrote:I've only seen one non genuine one and it was a mess.
That is the price for the cover but you need the rail and rear clip along with it, plus painting and a front bracket if you don't already have one. The front bracket is custom made by RAD so VW won't be able to supply that. Add up all the parts and RAD are only getting a few quid for paint and P&P.
after reading the forum decided to buy all parts myself and the bracket from matt :D
however the replacement rail i ordered using the forums 'part number list' has just one siver spot welded clip to the rear of the rail and not the two (spot welded)clips spaced as on matts fitting instructions ...............im a tad confused !!
can you shed any light ??
:) Ashley :) West Sussex :)

Metallic Black 1.9 Powder coated original r32 alloysTouran Front SeatsRear wiper Removedtinted rear glass & solid van guard window grills
And vmaxx coilovers
.........soooo much i want to do :P
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

How many points are on your cover? If you have 2 on the rail cover and only one on the rail I'd suspect your rail is not correct. Part number is right but maybe not made properly.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Wardy1
100BHP+

Post by Wardy1 »

cheers Doc ...........just looking through the parts ive ordered ,which is all good with the right part numbers !!!!!...........now the dimebars at eurovan ordered me a rail just like the original one on the van (thats why it wont fit ) not a happy chappy grrrrr:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: cant wait for the early morning phone call they will recieve tomorrow
thanks for your help Doc :D
:) Ashley :) West Sussex :)

Metallic Black 1.9 Powder coated original r32 alloysTouran Front SeatsRear wiper Removedtinted rear glass & solid van guard window grills
And vmaxx coilovers
.........soooo much i want to do :P