seen a caddy advertised, really unsure.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
MrEd
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

seen a caddy advertised, really unsure.

Post by MrEd »

So I seen a caddy advertised, 07 plate, 90000+ on the clock, it has all the extras I want. £3600 naturally I called, asked a couple questions and one about what he has as evidence for service history in receipts and mot certificates and he said that he hasnt got any apart from the latest MoT, I then asked why he doesn't have it all and he replied that the company that owned the van did all the servicing in house and wouldn't let him have the documents when he bought it. I think somethings up and he knows some thing and doesn't want others to know. I might go look at the van just out of curiosity but if he cant produce sufficient documents and no name or number of previous owner to call I think I will avoid. What would you do in this situation? I have already walked away from one guy who's hand I almost shook until he said he has the mot only and nothing else. Is there anyway I can do a check through the dvla or visa to find out it's true mileage?
mikeystt
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Re: seen a caddy advertised, really unsure.

Post by mikeystt »

Could be an ex lease van like mine, used to belong to Northgate, they don't pass on the history ( second vehicle I've had like this) look for stickers in the engine bay. Hope this helps.
White 08 plate SDI, 18" Old style RS4 alloys, Team heko wind deflectors, Bonnet bra, Mk5 Golf GT seats, Upgraded VW HiFi
Andy_ed30
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by Andy_ed30 »

mikeystt wrote:Could be an ex lease van like mine, used to belong to Northgate, they don't pass on the history ( second vehicle I've had like this) look for stickers in the engine bay. Hope this helps.

Won't put me off.

Go over the van and do all the propper checks etc.
quad_man
200BHP+

Post by quad_man »

http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/j ... equest.jsp

would give you all the details of old mots you just need logbook to confirm

if ex company van i would not worry to much about paperwork our company keeps the paperwork and sells vans sold as seen
josh7377
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by josh7377 »

Yep that VOSA check can be a saviour sometimes, my dad nearly bought a van the other day that was showing 70k and the VOSA check resulted in 275k haha .. Definately worth doing on any van if you ask me .. But I've heard of alot of companies keeping the service history and selling as seen, as others have said I'd do the usual checks plus VOSA check and if everythings OK I wouldn't worry about it.
2012 Caddy 1.6TDI 140bhp / 19'' Inovit Haste / Rear Spoiler / 50mm Drop / GTI Brakes / Golf R32 Seats / Touran Dash / Touran Rear Seats
concept
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by concept »

Seems to be loads of sdi models around at decent money, soon as its a tdi, it's astronomical leg, or astronomical money, usually both!

I sell my vans as seen, accountant has receipts for work, most people understand that and are happy given honest descriptions.

Check it, you could find a winner.
amberandtamba
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by amberandtamba »

I wouldnt worry too much, i bought mine like that and its a great van.
just take someone with you and do all the checks and test drive it

cheers
Dangee
Hyper Poster

Post by Dangee »

mikeystt wrote:Could be an ex lease van like mine, used to belong to Northgate, they don't pass on the history ( second vehicle I've had like this) look for stickers in the engine bay. Hope this helps.
I work for northgate, all the history and every job card made for the vehicle gets printed and sent with the vehicle to van monster, but if they auction them then sometimes it doesn't get kept, but you you ask they will get it no problem, any northgate vehicle I could more than likely find out info tho.
DING-DONG
Hyper Poster

Post by DING-DONG »

We run some hire vans from a major hire co and tbh not sure i would buy one if i knew it was x-hire van unless its was a absolutely bargain there driven hard and when it comes to servicing them, 2 that we have had wanted servicing 15k ago and its not just this hire co we found others have a laid back attitude if the van is out on hire they just leave it out, I'm in a brand new one now it had 2 miles on the lock when I collected it and now its done 10k without even a check up.
the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

Dangee wrote: I work for northgate, all the history and every job card made for the vehicle gets printed and sent with the vehicle to van monster, but if they auction them then sometimes it doesn't get kept, but you you ask they will get it no problem, any northgate vehicle I could more than likely find out info tho.
I have one but am missing some history - can you let me know who to contact or could you find out the history for me - thanks in advance
vehicle reg PK59PDV

:)
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
MrEd
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MrEd »

Well I looked at the van and 5 minutes later I was driving back home lol Lots of stuff was wrong with it! I'm here again to tell you I have found another that I'm unsure about its an 11 plate with 23000 on the clock and it's up for 4500, dent on passenger wing I have a friend who is a decent panel basher and painter. The van has lots of the vw extras too! What do you think, is it worth pulling a sicky tomorrow and taking a 100 mile train ride? I think it's to cheap to be real?
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

4500?
Is it a scam?
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
MrEd
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MrEd »

That is what I thought! Imagine if it wasn't though? I might ring up first thing see if it's available still and do a hpi check on it? If the check comes back clear but the vehicle is stolen written off I'm protected right? It does seem to good to be true......
DING-DONG
Hyper Poster

Post by DING-DONG »

MrEd wrote:Well I looked at the van and 5 minutes later I was driving back home lol Lots of stuff was wrong with it! I'm here again to tell you I have found another that I'm unsure about its an 11 plate with 23000 on the clock and it's up for 4500, dent on passenger wing I have a friend who is a decent panel basher and painter. The van has lots of the vw extras too! What do you think, is it worth pulling a sicky tomorrow and taking a 100 mile train ride? I think it's to cheap to be real?
Bro, its a scam ask yourself 11 plate £4500 get real, 1.9 heaps that have been to the moon and back make more than that on evilbay .
josh7377
Hyper Poster

Post by josh7377 »

100% scam mate thats a ridiculous price .. I'd stay well away
2012 Caddy 1.6TDI 140bhp / 19'' Inovit Haste / Rear Spoiler / 50mm Drop / GTI Brakes / Golf R32 Seats / Touran Dash / Touran Rear Seats