Fitting a single din after market stereo

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
luke s
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Fitting a single din after market stereo

Post by luke s »

My original cd headunit in my 07 caddy keeps playing up and spitting my cds back out saying error so i have a nice single din i took out of my polo which i think im going to put in instead.What i want to no is are there any difficulties in doing this? as not sure if my van is can bus or not?

Has anyone else on here done this if so do you have any pics as i cant visualise how the fascia adaptors work as the ones ive found have holes for fixing them round the outside which i cant understand

Any help greatly recieved
Luke
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Fitting a single din after market stereo

Post by Doc »

Not sure if your van is can bus or not??? Of course it has a can bus, they all do! Why would you think it didn't?
As for the fascia adaptor, it needs the four lugs for fitting it in the dash, pull the radio and heater control surround off your van and you'll see.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
luke s
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by luke s »

What i meant was do i need a can bus modulator or not? Im new to newer vws so all this can bus talk confuses the hell outa me

what i meant by the lugs is are they left uncovered when the fascia is fitted?
Luke
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

If your happy to pick up a permanent and switched feed from the fuse box, there is no need for a can bus adaptor, just get the quad lock to iso loom and run the wires.

The facia, just like your current radio, will have the screws covered by the surround.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
luke s
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by luke s »

nice one doc thanks very much for your help
Luke