DETAILING

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Sanny
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

DETAILING

Post by Sanny »

Don't know if its the right area but how much does it cost to do a 3 series ??? Paintwork mainly I know thier is a few detailers on here thx
dooka
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: DETAILING

Post by dooka »

How long is a piece of string..
It depends on a few things really..
Current condition, how far you want to take it, you expectations and budget..

At a guess, you will be looking around £180 - £500 for most jobs, big corrections will take the price higher..

Where are you based, have a look at my site for a few costing ideas, the services are due a big update soon, but will give you an indication..

dooka.co.uk
Sanny
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sanny »

Thx it's a 2011 coupe in blue , Iam in Ealing / London
pegger
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by pegger »

Hi dooka,i was wondering the same.my caddy van is immaculate in my eyes,i polish it every week when weather lets me but with it being black i notice more swirl marks every time.I was wondering how much this would cost to bring it back to like a glass finish.
josh7377
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by josh7377 »

Yes I'd be interested in this too black is a pain sometimes ! Looks awesome in mid lighting but in direct sun it looks all swirly and pretty naff :( would this machine polish out to a glass finish like Pegger said?
2012 Caddy 1.6TDI 140bhp / 19'' Inovit Haste / Rear Spoiler / 50mm Drop / GTI Brakes / Golf R32 Seats / Touran Dash / Touran Rear Seats
Banditbarron
Sales Caporegime

Post by Banditbarron »

I echo what Rob says above. I'm only an amateur compared to Rob and only do friends cars or friends of friends etc.

But as said its impossible to price this sort of work without seeing the car and discussing the end requirements expected by the owner

Id say ball park enhancement detail £250 and full correction £400+

Put in perspective an enhancement done 'properly' will take 2-3 days and full correction 5 days plus

So working on theory of £100 a day plus costs etc you see where above costings come from.

Yes so called detailing companies will say they can do an enhqncement in 1 day and charge £150 imagine how rushed that job is. They are normally part timers with low overheads and out to make a quick 150 quid

If I couldn't do it myself I would much rather pay a time served pro like Rob to do the job properly for me. Yes it might be 2 or 3 times the price but in the long run worth 10 times more in quality.

Dave
dooka
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by dooka »

Cheers Dave..

What you can do in a day job, well, it will be cr@p, trust me, I see them all the time and horrified by what I often see, and yes, some cars come in from other so called top/decent detailers. There are only a handful of guys I would call detailers in the country, the rest are jumped up valeters, not talking down to valeters, although some do need to be a little more realistic in what they call themselves [hence why I have dropped the term detailing, apart from advertising purposes], just different jobs..

I charge anywhere between £150 and £250 a day, depending on what I am doing, and my days usually lasts for around 15 hours..

Dave is pretty much spot on with timings too, although I will and do discount for forum members :)..

Please feel free to mail me on: caddy2k@dooka.co.uk with you requirements, expectations and budget, and I will get some info and rough prices over to you. If a bunch of you are in the same area, then maybe we could sort a little road trip/detailing tour or a group buy out :)..
josh7377
Hyper Poster

Post by josh7377 »

I'll get some pics next time its in the sunlight lol and email you dooka, where abouts are you based?
2012 Caddy 1.6TDI 140bhp / 19'' Inovit Haste / Rear Spoiler / 50mm Drop / GTI Brakes / Golf R32 Seats / Touran Dash / Touran Rear Seats
phanson
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by phanson »

josh7377 wrote:I'll get some pics next time its in the sunlight lol and email you dooka, where abouts are you based?
Two points to make;
1) waiting for the sun to arrive this year is probably too long for you to wait - suggest taking photos under halogens or taking the van abroad? :lol:

2) Dookas signature indicates he's in Northampton! :|
josh7377
Hyper Poster

Post by josh7377 »

phanson wrote: Two points to make;
1) waiting for the sun to arrive this year is probably too long for you to wait - suggest taking photos under halogens or taking the van abroad? :lol:

2) Dookas signature indicates he's in Northampton! :|
Lol im on tapatalk at the minute so I can't see signatures.
pegger
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by pegger »

I could be interested in that dooka.I live in stoke on trent so northampton isnt to far from me mate.I will send you some pics of my van over to you and go from there.