Cluster-Swap advice

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
foxyjay
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Cluster-Swap advice

Post by foxyjay »

Guys I'm scratching my head about cluster swap on the caddylack.

I kinda know the basics about clusters, immo's, SKC's and keyes etc ......... see my blurb here;- CLICKY

I've scored some Touran clocks from similar year vehicle to my caddy (2007) and was trying in vein to swap them today with vcds (vag-com).
I have the SKC for the new (Touran) clocks, and can get access to them via vag-com using the login but that's about it.
The Ross-Tech how to doesn't seem to work for me.

I see the clocks have VWX........... immobiliser reference which Ross-Tech say is not adaptable but uses a "challenge" rotating code.

I realise I don't have the original clocks SKC at present but this is only used to pull the VIN off the ECU which is not biggy at present.

Any advice welcome.
Turbo Power........
spacewalker
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: Cluster-Swap advice

Post by spacewalker »

Check PM
foxyjay
100BHP+

Post by foxyjay »

I still need these clocks coding.
Is there anyone in the Midlands with a mobile service, that anyone has used?
Turbo Power........
Rs4-cab
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Rs4-cab »

Hi I live in Northampton if that's any good to you I can do it for you done a few now seems to go ok
But you'll need to come to me sorry work commitments and all that but the offers there
Steve
1.9TDi (104) Full elects and a/c, Mfsw Steering wheel, GOlf r line front Brakes, Sat nav with intergrated phone kit, Colour Premium dash cluster, OE Touran xenon headlights, Appearance pack front bumper, Caddy life arm rest. Remaped, egr delete, hybrid turbo Golf gtd front seats.19" taledaga alloys. 2016 rear lights.
To come: R32 exhaust, Carpeted load area, etc. etc.
foxyjay
100BHP+

Post by foxyjay »

Rs4-cab wrote:Hi I live in Northampton if that's any good to you I can do it for you done a few now seems to go ok
But you'll need to come to me sorry work commitments and all that but the offers there
Steve
Thanks buddy in fact i just had a set of golf gti clocks coded and fitted.....but will be in touch if need another
Turbo Power........