respray

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
agh321
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

respray

Post by agh321 »

Hi when i was looking for a caddy i wanted one in off road grey

anyway couldnt find what i wanted so i bought white thinking i could live with it

and now i know i cant so i think ill loose to much money selling it or trading it in

what are the costs of a full respray in metalic paint
Banditbarron
Sales Caporegime
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: respray

Post by Banditbarron »

How longs a piece of string?

Just outside? including engine bay? door shuts? mint job? ok job? blow over job?

For a full colour change including all shuts and bay and for a mint job expect to pay £3-4k
F6 rad
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by F6 rad »

Too many factors determine cost, pop to a few local paint shops and they should be able to give you some guidance with figures. I'd personally settle with door shuts and outside, leave the bay, and atleast white is a good base to start with, and a good but not show winning paint finish, maybe even a decent quality gun finish which requires little to no polishing but you would still be looking at around £1500?
pegger
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by pegger »

You not thought of wrapping it mate.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

A decent wrap could be over £2k though.
cactusgreen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by cactusgreen »

Banditbarron wrote:How longs a piece of string?

Just outside? including engine bay? door shuts? mint job? ok job? blow over job?

For a full colour change including all shuts and bay and for a mint job expect to pay £3-4k
Lol......I do laugh when people use the string thing....as it has an answer just the same as the chicken and egg one does..... Its twice as long as from one end to the centre....ooo and the egg came first as dinosaurs layed eggs....

I had a basic wrap done exc the shuts of not much at all...then I was going blue to blue...
Rear ended and killed :cry: 1.9 TDi DSG indian blue wrapped in slightly darker blue lol, now replaced with a new Highline 1.6 TDi DSG bit naked without the logos yet - rather fun but not quite my Audi S4, but makes me smile as much as my 2.6e 80 Cabriolet!!
ilz2729
Twin Turbo poster

Post by ilz2729 »

A piece of string is about 4 feet long !... Then it becomes rope 8)
auto bright
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by auto bright »

Save your money and trade it in for a caddy in the right colour. Without spending a fortune you won't be happy. Why spend 4k when a trade in for similar milage and year might put you down 500 quid? You can see the paint work will be mint as it's factory. When you put your vehicle in for paint you never know what's going to come out at the end of it. So much risk involved for no reason. When you trade in, you see the end product before making the decision.
bates2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by bates2k »

At the bodyshop i work for you would be looking £1500-£2000 + vat and plus and clips need plus cost for windows remove and refit too . As good as i would like to think we are we cannot compare to original manufactures paintwork and as a result i would chop it in for the colour your after :P
Paintless Dent Removal - West Midlands
check out our facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dent-Rev ... 4348999418
http://www.dentreverse.co.uk
bobbyc20
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by bobbyc20 »

Save your money and trade it in for a caddy in the right colour