Drivers door hinge

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Keaney
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Drivers door hinge

Post by Keaney »

Noticed I have a leak on the drivers door which seems to catch when closing shut.

Suggestions on the forum are that it's the door hinge... Has anyone replaced this and fixed the issue?
Sensible: Caddy 1.9 tdi - Pioneer AppRadio
ASBO: Audi C5 RS6 Stage 2 540bhp - Wagner IC - MRC Stage 2 Remap - Miltek Full System - ACE TC - PSS9's - ITG Panel Filters
Sportliner
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: Drivers door hinge

Post by Sportliner »

Keaney wrote:Noticed I have a leak on the drivers door which seems to catch when closing shut.

Suggestions on the forum are that it's the door hinge... Has anyone replaced this and fixed the issue?
Yep had this on my last Caddy and it's not necessarily a new hinge.

Given time and/or the door being snatched in a strong wind when you open it, the door 'drops' slightly pulling the bottom hinge which has elongated holes for adjustment.

With the door in a dropped position it fails to seal along the top edge.

Try slackening both hinges and easing the door upwards from the bottom so that the door fits squarely in the shut.

To be honest once the door had sagged I was forever readjusting it in the above manner.

I solved the problem by selling the van...... :)
Keaney
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Drivers door hinge

Post by Keaney »

Haha that's one way of solving the problem, thanks for the info ill try look at it over the weekend
Sensible: Caddy 1.9 tdi - Pioneer AppRadio
ASBO: Audi C5 RS6 Stage 2 540bhp - Wagner IC - MRC Stage 2 Remap - Miltek Full System - ACE TC - PSS9's - ITG Panel Filters