Rear wiper

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Johnstone
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Rear wiper

Post by Johnstone »

Hi everyone , I have booked my caddy in to have the rear windows tinted on Saturday , however I would like to remove the rear wiper aswell, is this a simple job or something I should just avoid? Someone mentioned I may need a part called a grommet , if so where would I get such a part from? I tried to look if there is a how to on here for the removal of the wiper however I couldnt get access to the how to section, maybe because I'm a new member?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Rear wiper

Post by Doc »

I've the grommets for £2 plus postage and removing the wiper is quite simple if you have the tools.
Where are you, I might be able to sort it or you?

Are you having the window tinted or blacked out?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Johnstone
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Johnstone »

I live half an hour from glasgow, have you got one in natural grey?
Johnstone
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Johnstone »

And getting the window 5per cent similar to a limo tint
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

No bud, they are black bungs, identical texture to the rear grab handle.
Glasgow is a bit far. :lol:
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Bencaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Bencaddy »

Hi doc, just seen this post..

Any chance you still have any rubber bungs? Just removed my rear wiper and could only find a huge plastic one that looks abit crap! Cheers Ben
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The bungs I have are plastic, not rubber. Good tight fit and blends in well with the rear number plate plinth.

SAL
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by SAL »

Do you want to pop over to Revo and do mine?
Bencaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Bencaddy »

Ahh that is pretty similar to the one I have from ebay.. Just smaller! Bit of silicone and mine should be fine then! Cheers
Johnstone
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Johnstone »

Doc could I go ahead and buy one of these from you please? Also could I ask how too go about removing the wiper? Has anyone got step by step on how to do this on here??
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Drop me a PM or an email bud, I'll sort you out with a how-to over the weekend.

Johnstone
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Johnstone »

Alright doc , tried to send you an email regarding the grommet and also the how to on removing the rear wiper, however I will not let me send pm for some reason :( could you send me your email? Really keen to get this done ASAP now the rear windows have been tinted :)
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Email is docatcaddy2kdotcom bud

pegger
Hyper Poster

Post by pegger »

Hi doc ,i will have one of you as i want to remove my rear wiper if you have any left.I dont mind driving over to pick up and pay as only in stoke.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

12 of the 15 left bud, Call over and I'll do the work for you for £5. :lol: