Lowering

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Shmick93
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Lowering

Post by Shmick93 »

Gonna be slamming my van soon and was after any advice on what to go with. I no a lot if you rate the prokit was wondering what eles was about
albie
Hyper Poster

Re: Lowering

Post by albie »

Eibach pro if you don't want it to low, decent ride height and still very comfortable,
I have had a few cars on coilovers and they are very harsh in my opinion,
Maybe I'm getting to old !
Shmick93
200BHP+

Post by Shmick93 »

Running 17s at the moment and the arch gap make me angry! Yeah I don't particularly rate them either I just want it to look nice and ride well as its also a works van
The Juice Guy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by The Juice Guy »

Me too, I want to lower my 2011 caddy but have leaf springs on the rear. I don't want it too low but just nice and will be putting 18" on it too. Advice on kits & leaf springs very welcome as I'm a caddy newbie. Having bumpers painted at the moment :D
Williams
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Williams »

What are peoples thoughts on the lowering kit from VW? Only a 45mm drop, the same as a Sportline I imagine, so far from the slammed look. But, for £330 plus Vodka And Tonic is it worth the money? There is the bonus that any warranty issues in that area shouldn't be effected as its a VW OEM kit.

Has anyone taken this option? I'd like to go lower, just for looks, but at the end of the day the Caddy is still a work vehicle and needs to be fit for purpose.

Its a 2012 102ps

Thanks for any constructive input offered.
C8COG
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by C8COG »

I think the kit from VW is the Eibach kit. I've recently had it fitted to my van. It's a quality kit and the ride is brilliant. It's improved the looks but if your looking to lose the large arch gap then it's probably not for you.
dubvan
Hyper Poster

Post by dubvan »

The VW kit is the Eibach kit. I had it on first Caddy and would definitely recommend as a compromise between being slammed or in the clouds! Works well with both 18" and 19" rims too. I'm gutted I can't have it on my Maxi Life, but that's the way the cookie crumbles!!

Jonesy :mrgreen:
Candyturbo
100BHP+

Post by Candyturbo »

Any pics with the vw/ eibach kit fitted i think this is the way im going , ive used eibach in the past and impressed with there goods
Williams
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Williams »

Thanks for the feed back guys :) Now I just need to butter up my business partner with a set of alloys for his Caddy Maxi and the VW lowering kit will be MINE!! Haha..!