How Long?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
paulus599
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

How Long?

Post by paulus599 »

Wanted to ask those of you who have ordered new from a main dealer - how long had you to wait for delivery?

Placed my order in June and was initially quoted 12 to 15 weeks for delivery, although they did say that was probably a worse case scenario and that it would probably arrive much sooner.
I checked again with them last month and was told that delivery had came down to 10 or 11 weeks, perfect timing for the new reg. or at least I thought it would be!

Been chasing them again, but have now been told that the system is showing delivery as another four or five weeks - a possible total wait of 16 weeks!

Is this normal? I just can't believe there is that long of a wait for a van as established as this :?
smeg
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: How Long?

Post by smeg »

mine was less than 12 weeks prob 10 and got it day after new reg (Monday this week)
Bigharty
Hyper Poster

Post by Bigharty »

I was told 10 to 12 weeks but ended up being 20 arrrggghhhh
BIGHARTYBIGHARTY
Si the Chippy
100BHP+

Post by Si the Chippy »

Ordered mine around the end of may/very early june,latest estimate is october 7th!!! The date moves about(backwards and forwards) with each update.Hve seen posts on here quoting 20 plus weeks.
Oh well at least i can take solace that mine is nearer the end than the start!
Never owned a vw before so it's all new to me,check out the thread in the members gallery "brand new caddy on it;s way" for an insight :)
paulus599
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by paulus599 »

Well, it's good to know that it's not just me. Was beginning to think that they'd sold my order to a higher bidder!

Still think it's a crazy length of time to wait, almost wish that I'd waited for the new 2014 connect - almost!!
smeg
Twin Turbo poster

Post by smeg »

ordered mine 30 5 13 picked it up 2 9 13 I was looking at new connect looks good I think but linking the caddy now im driving it got just over 400 miles on the clock still not filled it up yet lol
wai
200BHP+

Post by wai »

I suppose it depends on what you want.

Different country, but when I ordered mine 2 years ago, there were certain things I had to have and others I would like to have. My dealer was good enough to show me the configurations held bu the distributor. I could then pick from that lot, or order exactly what I wanted, but it would be anything up to a year, depending on production.

I was able to pick one from the stock held by the distributor and it was just over 2 weeks later I picked it up.
paulus599
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by paulus599 »

Yeah, I had been looking out for an ex demo or nearly new for quite a while. The problem I think is that the DSG was at the very top of my must have list (dodgy left knee), so this dramatically cut down on my choices. Sure something would have came up eventually, but no doubt would have been a compromise, so at the end of the day I just had to grit my teeth and order from factory.

There doesn't seem to be any Rhyme or reason to the length of time for delivery, between 10 and 20 weeks (or up to a year in Wai's case :shock: ) appears to be the norm. Seems a huge spread for what is basically the same motor.

Ah well, they say patience is a virtue, will just have to try and cultivate that one :?
paulus599
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by paulus599 »

Woohoo, it's finally arrived, took 17 weeks in total so was beginning to loose heart TBH. Pleased I stuck with it though as it is exactly what I wanted, great van to drive and a lot smoother and quieter than the Connect I had.

Spent about two days putting everything back in - racking, storage bins, stock, tools etc, hard work and trying to be a lot more selective on what I'm actually loading on there (the connect came up about six inches on it's springs when I took out all the c**p I was carrying).

Having a bit of problem with insurance, i.e. my current insurer would not insure me as they couldn't find the exact model on their list. It all came up other than the DSG option. In the end they just said they would have to cancel it and I'd have to find cover somewhere else - nice!

Exact same problem with all the other insurers/brokers tho. They must all use the same lists and its just not on there, even when I put reg number into databases everything is correct other than it's shown as a manual rather than DSG :?

Anyone else on here come across this? If so, how did you get around it?