tracker....

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Viper Gas
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

tracker....

Post by Viper Gas »

Hello All,

Since many vans on here have had a lot of time, money and effort invested into them I am sure many of them would also have had some sort of security system and or tracker installed.

I'm on the look out for a tracker but with so many on the market I thought I'd ask for your advice and or experience of them.
thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Viper Gas
VIPER GAS
Viper Gas
Twin Turbo poster

Re: tracker....

Post by Viper Gas »

Guys....someone must have something tracker wise? Or is the silence a sign of a sensitive subject?
VIPER GAS
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I think you've hit the nail on the head.
Discussing security on a public forum is never a good idea.
Suffice to say, if you do get one fitted, pay the guy enough that he doesn't just Velcro it under the dash where some scrote can have it out in 30 seconds.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
DubVrs
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by DubVrs »

Not got one on my Caddy but had one of these on my CC.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT06N-GPS-Tra ... 3385cf0156

Very good and very cheap to run plus small enough to hide anywhere behind the dash.
euan tdi
Hyper Poster

Post by euan tdi »

Viper Gas wrote:Hello All,

Since many vans on here have had a lot of time, money and effort invested into them I am sure many of them would also have had some sort of security system and or tracker installed.

I'm on the look out for a tracker but with so many on the market I thought I'd ask for your advice and or experience of them.
thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Viper Gas
Smart track are a good bunch, depends if you want stolen recovery or live tracking ?
2013 Highline 2.0 140, KW HLS kit, new set of Helios viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12710
wiggi28
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by wiggi28 »

Doc wrote:I think you've hit the nail on the head.
Discussing security on a public forum is never a good idea.
Suffice to say, if you do get one fitted, pay the guy enough that he doesn't just Velcro it under the dash where some scrote can have it out in 30 seconds.

the amount of trackers i happen to stumble on within 30 seconds of starting to take a vehicle apart is ridiculous , to many lazy arsed fitters stealing a living and to add to that your pride and joy could be stolen too without trace after you have spent an extra fortune on this type of device