newbie questions regarding underconstruction project!!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Aarontomkins01
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

newbie questions regarding underconstruction project!!

Post by Aarontomkins01 »

hello people ive been looking over some topics you lot have been posting and i am well impressed didnt realise a caddy had so much potential i purchased a caddy last year and sold it due to needing more space which was possibly one of the worst things ever so i have give the mrs my mk5 golf gti and gone back to the caddy i purchased a 2008 caddy 1.9tdi bls engine code last week and now the planning begins im writing this post to ask for your help in some questions that i cant get my head around so was hoping for you good people to lend me your eyes and give me some knowledge.....????

(1) 6 speed gear box conversion what do i actually need to get this rolling the last caddy i had the 5th gear just wasnt anuff i needed one more as the remap i had went threw the gears to fast????

(2) the touran interior how simple is this todo isit a straight forward as taken out and putting in or isit a ballache????

(3)electric windows I've been blessed with the wind down ones lol is there an easier way then buying the kit from ebay i.e can i put a touran door card in with regulators and switches and the other trimmings

(4)possible engine swap was thinking of sticking a gttdi 170bhp is this possible if so what do i need

apologies for the rambling on i would just like to understand as much as possible about this future project i will put pictures up the minute i start

thank you all for reading and i appreciate all comments...
dubvan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: newbie questions regarding underconstruction project!!

Post by dubvan »

Welcome, bud. 2) Touran front seats are straight forward swap, especially if you get hold of Touran consoles; however you can get Touran consoles and bolt Gollf GTi/R32 seats straight in too. 4) there's a guy on here (smartiuk) who has done the engine conversion and IIRC is running over 250 horses!

Jonesy :mrgreen:
Aarontomkins01
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Aarontomkins01 »

mate thank you for your information thats opened a door and made things look easier
dubvan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by dubvan »

No worries, mate. Get a few more posts up and you'll get full forum access with loads of info and help.

Jonesy :mrgreen:
Adam87
Hyper Poster

Post by Adam87 »

With regards elec window all you need is window motors that bolt in the place if the winder , swap over your door cards to the touran ones and add a live feed from the fuse box then code (if you need to, I didn't but some have)
Aarontomkins01
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Aarontomkins01 »

(DUBVAN) thanks and i will get on the case regarding the posts as i need to see more of these absolute beauties!!!

(adam87) thank you for that ive been looking at a few touran door cards but was nervous of buying them and having to butcher wholes everywear to get it to fit !!!!!!