whats a cat c caddy worth

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
t5jay
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

whats a cat c caddy worth

Post by t5jay »

hi was going to buy a standard 55 plate caddy which I have found is listed on hpi as cat c, its been fully repaired (rear panel on o/s )and has a window fitted in the door its on 100k , ive been told that it isn't listed on the logbook like a car is but whats it worth , I was offered it at £3k
cheers j
Wild Thing
100BHP+

Re: whats a cat c caddy worth

Post by Wild Thing »

2K max and its always going to be a cat c when you sell it thus limiting your market.
Cheers Brian

1.9 TDI Caddy 150bhp so......far
t5jay
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by t5jay »

that's my thought as well , was stung on a catc leon that I got as a cat d :(
have to keep saving/looking till one comes up lol
j
DING-DONG
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by DING-DONG »

Wild Thing wrote:2K max and its always going to be a cat c when you sell it thus limiting your market.
I'd agree 2-2.5k and ring your insurance co up before you buy and tell em you thinking of buying a cat c, as some will not i insure cat c (cat d is insurance friendly) When you take the policy out the insure co will not ask you about its history its your responsibility to inform them, just like it is with points. Failure to disclose usually ends up with the policy being void in the event you fail to disclose and have a bump and once you've had a policy cancelled/voided by your insure co you will struggle getting insurance without paying big money.
t5jay
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by t5jay »

DING-DONG wrote: I'd agree 2-2.5k and ring your insurance co up before you buy and tell em you thinking of buying a cat c, as some will not i insure cat c (cat d is insurance friendly) When you take the policy out the insure co will not ask you about its history its your responsibility to inform them, just like it is with points. Failure to disclose usually ends up with the policy being void in the event you fail to disclose and have a bump and once you've had a policy cancelled/voided by your insure co you will struggle getting insurance without paying big money.
that's some good info I didn't know , im going to give this one a miss and keep looking
cheers j
idallow
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by idallow »

I've repaired a few in my time and cat c is bad news simply because it says "substantially damaged" on the registration document

They are 40% less than normal so if it's a 3k van then no more than 1800

I've got a mint 54 plate with 144 k in silver and a brand new turbo on it with twin side doors, 2 keys and fsh that's hpi clear and that's 2.5k pm me if your interested
2016 2.0 CR DSG Highline - Caddy number 7 !
wiggi28
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by wiggi28 »

idallow wrote:I've repaired a few in my time and cat c is bad news simply because it says "substantially damaged" on the registration document

I've got a mint 54 plate with 144 k in silver and a brand new turbo on it with twin side doors, 2 keys and fsh that's hpi clear and that's 2.5k pm me if your interested

wont say it on the caddy as its a commercial vehicle , no vic check either
t5jay
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by t5jay »

idallow wrote:I've repaired a few in my time and cat c is bad news simply because it says "substantially damaged" on the registration document

cant pm yet lol but where you from
j
S2TTB
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by S2TTB »

SDI or TDI?

I would have thought less than 2k if SDI and around 2k-2.25k if TDI.

CAT C's are bad news though and usually big bangs, not just a panel or a door etc.
t5jay
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by t5jay »

was a tdi ,
my leon I got was cat c and that was just a wing badly scuffed at the rear , a mirror and 2 wheels as I saw the pictures
j
wiggi28
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by wiggi28 »

S2TTB wrote:SDI or TDI?

I would have thought less than 2k if SDI and around 2k-2.25k if TDI.

CAT C's are bad news though and usually big bangs, not just a panel or a door etc.

to be fair i have seen cat c's with minimal damage , its the cost of repair not the severity of damage at times
for example if you have a car thats been swiped down the side scraping the front bumper , wing , both doors , rear quarter and rear bumper the damage would be mostly cosmetic not structural but the parts still need replacing at the same cost and this is why the car would be a cat c write off , lots of people do get confused by this , i also think its not very fair how the log books are detailed by way of the wording .

seen some cat d's that should have been cat b in my opinion as well , depends on assessor too
Bigvw
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Bigvw »

My mates got his own car repair business and he always says that the difference between a write off and repair could be 50p as he's often fighting with assessors
cheers
Dubtech Custom Vans. Suppliers for - KW,ST,AP Suspension systems, Bilstein suspension, V-Maxx , Official RECARO dealer, GAZ Shocks, Cobra Seats, 07967 106 906 bigvw@hotmail.co.uk https://www.facebook.com/Dubtechcustomvans
DING-DONG
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by DING-DONG »

Bigvw wrote:My mates got his own car repair business and he always says that the difference between a write off and repair could be 50p as he's often fighting with assessors
cheers
I agree its all down to the assessors my astra sportive was Assessed as cat c by my own insure assessor, and the assessor from the 3rd parties insure that caused the damage classed it as cat d and being cat D meant i could buy it back, i did, however every panel was fecked, 3 alloys shattered, front drivers sus leg ripped off, the back beam axe was bent and twisted, you could not put it back on the rd.

We had a CAT C Mini Cooper works there was nothing printed on the v5 at all, and it never needed a vic check, reason it was cat c is because it popped the air bag and the damage was so minor, still fully useable ! Always insist on seeing photos of any cat damage, because sellers will talk the damage down and try and pull a fast one on you.

There are some good cat d buys out there but you need to tread carefully so easy to get stung with a shitta.