Caddy Highline, rcd510 but no bluetooth?!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
dubberalan
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by dubberalan »

Evening guys, as the title states i've just got my caddy its a year old highine model so it has all the usual add ons. It had a rcd510 as a cost option from factory. However, the phone function doesn't work and just works as a mute button instead. I have gone through all the menus but there's no mention about bluetooth. It came with the the manual for the phone function. So would it be possible that for some reason my highline hasn't got bluetooth fitted as standard ? If anyone has a highline, i would be very grateful if you could tell me where the microphone is located and if there is any other obvious indications to tell if it has bluetooth fitted.

cheers,
Al.
Bigharty
Hyper Poster

Re: Caddy Highline, rcd510 but no bluetooth?!

Post by Bigharty »

Bluetooth was an optional extra. You need module and mic then activated via vcds
BIGHARTYBIGHARTY
dubberalan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by dubberalan »

Thanks for your response, im sure it came standard on highlines and trendlines though. Maybe i'm just getting confused, but thats what it says in the brochure :?
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

It's standard on Trendline, so I'd assume its on a highline.
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
dubberalan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by dubberalan »

I'm going to take a visit to the dealers when I have an hour or so spare to try and see what it's all about. I have a feeling I will get nowhere, but you can only try.. :roll:
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Microphone could be in the interior light. It might be you've got the Bluetooth module but it just needs activating with vagcom. I'm not sure where the module would be fitted from factory but it's a black box about the size of a double DVD case and could be behind the stereo. You could pull the unit out and see if its there or the wiring is plugged in.

Just read this on a commercial VW dealers site:

The VW Caddy Trendline includes Bluetooth, parking sensors, body colured bumpers and door mirrors.

The VW Caddy Highline adds in Air Con, alloy wheels and front foglights.

I have a bluetooth module so I can retrofit my RNS510 DAB and it has quite a long loom attached to it. I can't find an answer as to where in the Caddy they are usually mounted but in a Golf its under the drivers seat. You should be able to tell though from pulling the headunit out as there is a piggyback loom you plug in using the large connector block and the normal Caddy wiring then plugs into that.

You can see the loom and size of the module here

dubberalan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by dubberalan »

Thank you very much for your response and the picture that's just what I was after :) I'll get myself some appropriate head unit keys, and get the unit out like you said which should establish whether or not I have the module.

Thanks again,
Al
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

You don't need head unit keys, just carefully lever off the radio surround and underneath you'll find radio is held in by 4 torx screws.
dubberalan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by dubberalan »

ok :) thanks again for your help!

Al
MirceaVictor
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by MirceaVictor »

Only RNS 315 is the single unit that have integrated Bluetooth module in rest all units has to have separated module under the passenger seat
POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL
dubberalan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by dubberalan »

After all the confusion i asked about the lack of bluetooth at the dealers, whilst i had the van in for a service. When I collected the caddy they said the bluetooth unit was there but had corroded :? Anyhow this was good news as it was still under warranty, so a new module was ordered in and i now have fully integrated bluetooth running through the RCD510, result! :lol:

Al.
Bengaz
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by Bengaz »

dubberalan wrote:After all the confusion i asked about the lack of bluetooth at the dealers, whilst i had the van in for a service. When I collected the caddy they said the bluetooth unit was there but had corroded :? Anyhow this was good news as it was still under warranty, so a new module was ordered in and i now have fully integrated bluetooth running through the RCD510, result! :lol:

Al.
Corroded - year old! :(
Plumb
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Plumb »

Maybe it got wet, I had it retro fitted to mine and it's just velcro'd to the floor under the drivers seat
dubberalan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by dubberalan »

Maybe so, it's a bit concerning that it failed after a year!