Sportline fake?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Yorkshiretinting
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Sportline fake?

Post by Yorkshiretinting »

Sounds strange but I've been informed that there is no such thing as a genuine sportline from factory... It is in fact a van centre taking a black van and modding them to sportline spec? Does anyone know if this is true? Not that it matters just might mean that the so called genuine sportlines shouldn't command the higher price tags?
www.yorkshiretinting.co.uk
Window tinting, vinyl wraps & graphics
Reggie
Hyper Poster

Re: Sportline fake?

Post by Reggie »

That's not true at all.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

The Caddy Sportline is a factory model. Launched I think in 2009, you could get it in black or red and maybe silver and also in both swb and maxi versions. The parts are rare as I think they got listed on the accessory part of etka which is possibly where your info has come from but they weren't normal Caddy's modified by van centres as far as I know.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

My information from some time ago was that they arrived in the UK as standard 2.0TDI vans and had the bits added by VWCVUK. The seats were retrimmed in Leicester from what I can gather. Dunno where the other bits were added on.
It was a UK only model but I doubt it was all done at the dealer who made the sale.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

Yep, a standard 2.0. Bits were added after it arrived in the UK
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Banditbarron
Sales Caporegime
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Banditbarron »

Or facelift so called sport lines are fakes
Bigharty
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Bigharty »

All I know is vw do not make a sportline transporter. They come from vw as a standard t30 180 then all the goodies including seats recovering is done over here in the uk. I don't know anything about the sportline caddy facelift model. But as far as I'm aware vw have no intention of releasing one.
BIGHARTYBIGHARTY
I.D.S.
Hyper Poster

Post by I.D.S. »

There is a firm that sell through Ebay called Wasp,that sell sportline models :?: Think i would prefer the real deal from VW however it's done. Sadly no longer avaliable.
Dr Dent
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by Dr Dent »

My black one was a wasp. Done by Swiss vans, . complete bunch of twats. They actually told me that they invented the sport line too and VW Uk were so impressed with them that they started doing them for themselves.
When my black "wasp" turned up it was a basic van with aircon. I went mental at them
I feel sorry for anyone who deals with them and falls for their bullshit like I did before I knew any different
chezzy71
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by chezzy71 »

all caddys 2007 to 2009 old shape front and transporter t5s old shape front are done by volkswagen uk
not sue about the new vans

but one thing for definite is all the genuine sporlines say sportline on the log book, or all the ones ive seen do...
*********** caddy maxi camper build thread **********
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10101
Yorkshiretinting
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Yorkshiretinting »

chezzy71 wrote:all caddys 2007 to 2009 old shape front and transporter t5s old shape front are done by volkswagen uk
not sue about the new vans

but one thing for definite is all the genuine sporlines say sportline on the log book, or all the ones ive seen do...

Makes sense, I just wasn't sure,
www.yorkshiretinting.co.uk
Window tinting, vinyl wraps & graphics