Sound Proofing the Caddy Maxi

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
dazfb93
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Sound Proofing the Caddy Maxi

Post by dazfb93 »

I am looking to fit out the back of my caddy maxi with sound proofing material underneath the ply to stop the drumming and echoing.
Just wondering if anyone has any views on the best material for this is ? And how many square meters I will need ?

Darren
Frenno
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: Sound Proofing the Caddy Maxi

Post by Frenno »

I used dynamat but it's a bit pricey I think there is something similar non branded, some folk use flash band but it stinks in the summer I wouldn't use it
mrfaststu
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by mrfaststu »

theres a company on ebay selling rattlematt its the same as dynamatt but without the price have just started doing mine out with it
MRFASTSTU 54 2K caddy SDI
19" satin lm reps, touran front bumper, debadged grill, rear spoiler, vmax and axle flip, side rail cover, touran door cards, touran front and rear seat conversion, aftermarket electric window kit
Frennovr6
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Frennovr6 »

I spoke to the rattlematt seller on eBay they said its bitumen based similar to flashband my only worry is there was a thread about flashband on the t4forum and it stinking of tar on hot summer days, I really don't fancy that anyone got any experience.
Tails93
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by Tails93 »

Some people say it stinks some say it doesn't.
I payed the extra for the dynamat as i knew 100% it was going to work and not stink.
My advise would be try get a mega pack deal of dynamat as the extra money will be worth it on the long run. IMO
jamesc76
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by jamesc76 »

I have done a few vans with flash band and it has never stunk even in 35deg heat in spain!!!