bluetooth

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
bigmac
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

bluetooth

Post by bigmac »

Hi All

I need to get a bluetooth system in my Maxi.
Which route would you'd suggest I go down. I think the head unit I have now is just standard. Would it be worth upgrading the head unit if I have not got a multifunction steering wheel or would I be best just getting a parrot system?

Thanks

Ben
Gibbo
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: bluetooth

Post by Gibbo »

bigmac wrote:Hi All

I need to get a bluetooth system in my Maxi.
Which route would you'd suggest I go down. I think the head unit I have now is just standard. Would it be worth upgrading the head unit if I have not got a multifunction steering wheel or would I be best just getting a parrot system?

Thanks

Ben
Hi mate I have a vw touch screen handsfree for sale same as the bury unit ? Works fine with my iphone, I have upgraded stereo so no longer need ? No need for coding or anything complex cheers Gibbo
bigmac
100BHP+

Post by bigmac »

Cheers Gibbo

Ideally I did not want to have a separate display for phone (parrot type) I really wanted it built in if I could but not sure if that is possible.

How much do you want for your kit anyway? Could you give me full fitting instructions if I couldn't have a system built in?

Cheers

Ben
Rob9872
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Rob9872 »

The previous owner of mine had a cheap nokia bluetooth kit fitted, the speaker was wired to the stereo so it's a decent sound quality,just one button beside the radio to answer change volume and hang up, got a windscreen holder for my iphone.my father has a parrot kit in his land cruiser, but I find it a bit more complicated than mine.
Gibbo
Hyper Poster

Post by Gibbo »

bigmac wrote:Cheers Gibbo

Ideally I did not want to have a separate display for phone (parrot type) I really wanted it built in if I could but not sure if that is possible.

How much do you want for your kit anyway? Could you give me full fitting instructions if I couldn't have a system built in?

Cheers

Ben
Hi Ben I would sell for £70 posted to be honest getting a integrated kit is very depended on what stereo you have, what phone you have and if you can be bothered to get it coded etc !? It's a lot more work and money ! But obv your call cheers fella
I.D.S.
Hyper Poster

Post by I.D.S. »

You could try one of the cloned(Chinese) units off e-bay. Sat nav is ok 90% of the time,radio same. On board dvd player and plug and play bluetooth,came with lead facia adaptor.All for £300 if i remember right.
bigmac
100BHP+

Post by bigmac »

Cheers I.D.S

I have been spoilt in my previous car, I had an A4 s line services with all the toys. Had an rnse with everything built in and operated through my MFSW.

I may just have to accept I'm going to have a parrot type kit!