Hi mileage tdi??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
liam33
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Hi mileage tdi??

Post by liam33 »

Hi all I was set on getting a caddy sdi to start my business with but after doing a lot of research I found that the sdi might struggle ladden with weight so started looking into the tdi option but im finding that in my budget around £3.500 there all higher mileage examples around 160-200k do you think this is a problem I have never owned a diesel before so not sure about mileage but in past experience sometimes is that lower miles on a vehicle doesn't all ways mean better they can still break more than a high mileage one and I would presume the higher mileage had been looked after more what are all your thoughts??? :)

I also can't believe that the tdi is £273 pound cheaper to insure than the sdi that shocked me :shock:
tippertom
Caddy Fan

Re: Hi mileage tdi??

Post by tippertom »

depends how many have driven it up your buget a bit it will pay in
long run
jamesc76
Caddy Fan

Post by jamesc76 »

mines got 172k on it and still drives like new, as long as the cambelt and servicing is upto date there fine!
tippertom
Caddy Fan

Post by tippertom »

they are a great van but history of services would be important
with high miles you are right regular service keep it ticking away
have had Nissan citroen ford carnt beat vw best by far
liam33
Caddy Fan

Post by liam33 »

Hi guys thank you for the input stretching my budget a little bit more to 4 k but just seems to be a big jump in prices and there a little far out of reach

Might go a few van auctions as there lower miles on there ill just see what happens when the money comes through

But seems like higher mileage ain't to bad tho the engines seem.to last guess it's just could be the turbo that packs up :D
tippertom
Caddy Fan

Post by tippertom »

good look buying van cars chance is a part of it buy it get a good service and change t belt should tick away for years