Diffrence between caddy engines?pd bls ect

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
deanopolini
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Diffrence between caddy engines?pd bls ect

Post by deanopolini »

have seen that there is pd and bls engines in the caddy what other types is there and whats the difference? just seen people say a lot about the bls engines blowin rods through engine at around 60k+ that are fully serviced and heard that the older pds are bomb proof? obv it can happen to any but seems to be said everywere about ths bls engines goin bang jus want to clear things up before a buy one thanks.
Ryan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: Diffrence between caddy engines?pd bls ect

Post by Ryan »

I second this? I don't know either?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Let me blow your mind here rite now.......
The BLS engine is a PD.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
smartezippo
Hyper Poster

Post by smartezippo »

PD stands for Pumpe-Deuse it refers to how the fuel is injected/pumped ie separately as opposed to common rail
2008 1.9TDI, DSG, Factory Appearance pack, Elec Pack, Paddle shifters, multifunction leather wheel, Highline Touran Clocks, Cruise control, Golf mk5 GT seats, Touran Door Cards, Touran front button DSG Shifter, R32 Pedals........
deanopolini
Twin Turbo poster

Post by deanopolini »

Doc wrote:Let me blow your mind here rite now.......
The BLS engine is a PD.
ohh :lol: so this means theres a lot a caddys that like poking rods through the engines thn no matter how well looked after ? but whats this about certain caddy engines has the weaker rods ect compared to others sure a seen tht posted somewere mate
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

There was one or two people who criticised the BLS engine for chucking a rod out of the cot but they are very few. Think about how many Caddys are on here with BLS engines fitted to the majority of 2006-2011. Regular servicing with quality parts goes a long way.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Postman_bat
Hyper Poster

Post by Postman_bat »

Very true doc when I went to get mine I spoke to my vw trained chap his words yep that the best engine of the lot
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I've a feeling the problems some have experienced are due to the engine possibly being run on through a injector loom issue or similar, they are prone to that and the inability to balance the engine at idle due to a fault can have an effect on rods and the likes.

alarmfitter
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by alarmfitter »

My dsg is at 249000 miles and still pulls like a train and uses no oil or water between services :D
donnielee
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by donnielee »

alarm guy is ur engine oem or have u had it tuned? 250,000 on it i like to hear that
alarmfitter
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by alarmfitter »

I've never tuned it it's quick enough tbh I had one done before by 2 guys from Newcastle way and it was the worst mistake I ever made a poor job.