Wobble at motorway speeds

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Joeski
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Wobble at motorway speeds

Post by Joeski »

Doc wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:49 pm Have someone drive behind you and look for bouncing of the rear axle, maybe attach a GoPro if you have one.
I had a mate with what he thought was wheel wobble but it turned out to be blown rear damper.
The damper was so bad the rear left wheel was leaving the road and properly bouncing up and down.
i don't think it's that tbh because the coilovers have been on for less than a year and it was doing the same prior to them being fitted. Matt @ dubunit had a quick look around the other week while it was in for a service but no obvious causes could be seen which is why i'm thinking it could be drive/load related
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Ok, I trust Matt more than some of my own family so I'm sure he has checked all.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Thought about seeing if he will go for a drive with you. He might be able to put his finger on it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joeski
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Joeski »

Caddyluv wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:53 pm Thought about seeing if he will go for a drive with you. He might be able to put his finger on it??
yeah he's driven it dude, said it could be a number of things!
Olliekins
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by Olliekins »

I’ve got a 2006 Caddy Life 1.9l TDI DSG with 350,000kms on the clock. I’ve had the Wobbles for years, but time for replacement of both drive shafts has arrived. Noisy, clunky and wobbly! This is Australia and costs will be around $1200 for supply and fit.