2005 Caddy with Parklights problem

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Andrex
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

2005 Caddy with Parklights problem

Post by Andrex » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:38 pm

Hi every one, I have a Caddy 2k 2005 with this problem. the park lights tail lights and dashboard lights stay on even if the lights switch is removed I have now removed the following fuse SC3, but even this made no difference what is strange if everything is back in its place and I turn the light switch on then all the lights are off. If any one have an idea or can point me in a direction I will greatly appreciate as I am now at wits end. Thanks all Andre

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: 2005 Caddy with Parklights problem

Post by Doc » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:11 pm

The lights will come on automatically if you remove the switch, its a fail safe feature.
Best get yourself to someone who has VCDS and know how to use it. It could be any of a dozen things and it'll only cost you a fortune chasing it unguided.
2013 1.6TDI, Edition 30 18" BBS Peschara, Caddy4 rear lights, 2016 Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, TRC front splitter, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, mk6 GTI Front & rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, 2016 MIB head unit

I have genuine VCDS Hex V2, VagCAN Pro, KESS, K-Tag for any of your programming needs.