2011 Caddy electric windows conversion HELP

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Pawelkrk24
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

2011 Caddy electric windows conversion HELP

Post by Pawelkrk24 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:08 am

Hi ppl

Does anyone managed to comple conversion on a facelift model yet? Did you have to alter some of the door wiring at all? I got all the bits installed yesterday (they all came from 2012 caddy) and now central locking doesn't work, dash display a door open light even when doors closed and that small door light is constantly on.
Please help anyone. I can't lock van properly now.

Many thanks
Pawel

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: 2011 Caddy electric windows conversion HELP

Post by Doc » Tue May 12, 2015 10:33 am

When you say "all the bits", what exactly did you install?
Window regulator panel (metal panel with motor and loom attached)?
Door cards with window switches?
Extra power supply wire from fuse box?

Sounds like the plug onto the door lock has something a miss.
ImageImage
2013 1.6TDI, Edition 30 18" BBS Peschara, Caddy4 rear lights, 2016 Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, TRC front splitter, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, mk6 GTI Front & rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, 2016 MIB head unit

I have genuine VCDS Hex V2, VagCAN Pro, KESS, K-Tag for any of your programming needs.

Pawelkrk24
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pawelkrk24 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:56 am

Got motors (fit as straight replacement to metal panels)
Got door cards and switches
Got electric mirrors
Got wiring loom for passenger door
Didn't get the main loom for drivers door, only the loom from regulator to switch etc (one with pink clip)
Got ignition from fuse (by the way do you know which fuse is for electric windows?)
Only drivers side window is working (I still need to run a ignition wire to passenger door I think?) and the same story with mirror

Sorry if I messed description but I ain't technician, I'm just a gas man :D

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc » Tue May 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Sounds like the central locking wiring has been messed up somewhere along the line.
How did you take the new supply into the drivers door? Did you have the door to pillar loom disconnected? Maybe its not back in position fully.
ImageImage
2013 1.6TDI, Edition 30 18" BBS Peschara, Caddy4 rear lights, 2016 Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, TRC front splitter, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, mk6 GTI Front & rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, 2016 MIB head unit

I have genuine VCDS Hex V2, VagCAN Pro, KESS, K-Tag for any of your programming needs.

Pawelkrk24
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pawelkrk24 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:00 pm

I think that problem is with door loom-vw sells two types of door looms, one for vehicles with electric windows and one for without. I managed to order right loom from TPS and will have that tomorrow. Will post the outcome when done.
My question is- to which fuse I should connect the power wire? Is there any particular one?
By the way, facelift Caddy models have different door pillar connectors to pre facelift models-though someone may find this info handy.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc » Tue May 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Irrespective of whether the loom is for electric windows or not, your problem is with the locking is it not?
If you add electric windows, you add an additional supply from the fuse box permanent 12v (Terminal 30) rail.
I'm not sure of the exact fuse position number but anywhere on that rail should suffice.
ImageImage

Pawelkrk24
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pawelkrk24 » Tue May 12, 2015 5:36 pm

Got all out again. Which pin on the control module is a perm live?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc » Tue May 12, 2015 5:52 pm

Think its pin 1.
There's only 2 slots for big "power" pins and the rest are small "signal" wires.
ImageImage

Pawelkrk24
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pawelkrk24 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:16 pm

On a control module I have it pin no 19 and 20. Thick wire is in on of slots, I connected other free slot to perm live fuse you said and it's not working-same outcome as with my first attempt. After disconecting perm live only back and sliding door locks.
Funny thing is when got live connected and trying to lock door from remote, it doesn't do nothing but when opening, it opens and closes back again. But again only back and sliding door.
I guess that I need that other harness.

Pawelkrk24
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pawelkrk24 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Well, I got driver's door harness but still no luck. Central locking doesn't work for every door. Only when pressing opening door button on remote I can hear locks working but only to side and boot door. Windows and electric mirrors work fine both sides. I checked wiring inside door coupling and pins don't seem to match on female and male connectors.
Will have a big puzzles to solve on this one.
Does anyone managed conversion to electric windows yet on facelift Caddy?

Thanks everyone!