Finally done it

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
wezra
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Finally done it

Post by wezra »

Well, done it, found a caddy that ticked nearly all the boxes :D

It is a 2014 C20 1.6 TDI (102PS) DSG Highline

Glad I held out to find a DSG, drives lovely. A very different beast from my Golf DSG, gears will take some getting used.

Have a good list of bits and pieces I would like to do, but as a work vehicle primarily, all will be very subdued!

First thing will be to put some steel 16" wheels I've obtained on, I strangely prefer them than big alloys. Next up will be rip out the installed RNS315, get a RNS510 with DAB installed.

Plenty of questions to ask, but I'll wait till i've got the vehicle in my hands first :) :)
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Finally done it

Post by tommyzooom »

Looking good :D
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
mkvanman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by mkvanman »

Welcome M8 where in Bucks?
phanson
200BHP+

Post by phanson »

The Caddy DSG is lower geared than the Golf - it is a bit strange until you get used (doesn't help economy either :cry: ), I did think about changing the final ratio, but it looked like alot of work for a few mpg, especially when the van is under warranty.

Sure you'll enjoy the new motor.
wezra
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by wezra »

phanson wrote:The Caddy DSG is lower geared than the Golf - it is a bit strange until you get used (doesn't help economy either :cry: ), I did think about changing the final ratio, but it looked like alot of work for a few mpg, especially when the van is under warrantyr.
That's for sure, I was surprised how long it took to get going, once on the move it was very responsive and seemed quite punchy. Might look at a remap but will seek advice first and I think the brakes will definitely need improving if there is any increase in power. They certainly were not as sharp as the golf.
mkvanman wrote:Welcome M8 where in Bucks?
Just down the the road from MK, office is based in Wing and I live in one of the villages not far from Bletchley.

The van is coming from Basingstoke as locally I could never find the right spec for me!

Dealer is doing a couple of bits pre pickup, multi function leather steering wheel, door sill covers and rear bumper cover. They say it will be ready next Monday!!! :o
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

Nice caddy
mkvanman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by mkvanman »

I'll keep an eye out for you, working caddy Blue with touran bumper my toy van you can see in my Gladis build.
wezra
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by wezra »

mkvanman wrote:I'll keep an eye out for you, working caddy Blue with touran bumper my toy van you can see in my Gladis build.
Will do, I'll go find your thread and have a read!
I.D.S.
Hyper Poster

Post by I.D.S. »

Ah a new lamb for the slaughter :lol: Welcome :twisted: