Seatbelt safety

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
tagrap2003
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Seatbelt safety

Post by tagrap2003 »

Hi all, because i dont have access to certain areas i was wondering if any one could post a few pics of rear seat belt locations?

I have bought a rear seat conversion from touran inc the two floorplates, 2x bongo seat belts not sure what to do with the middle? Safety is paramount as il be carrying my most precious cargo in the back so need to be sure! also any recommendations on which seat belt spreader plates to get welded onto the pillars?

For a 2005 Caddy 2k

:? thanks in advance!
tagrap2003
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Seatbelt safety

Post by tagrap2003 »

Is any one able to post a pic of their rear seat belt mounting locations? I know its been covered on here but not able to view yet.

Much appreciated.
gareth.l.small
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by gareth.l.small »

I will on Sunday... Waiting for the caddy to come back to me...
tagrap2003
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by tagrap2003 »

gareth.l.small wrote:I will on Sunday... Waiting for the caddy to come back to me...

Many thanks Gareth, i have ordered some threaded seat belt bracket plates FIA approved if that makes any difference. Look forward to the pics many thanks! :D
Cookie4086
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Cookie4086 »

Photo's finally uploaded onto the internet, see below:

Seatbelt Reel in correct place. some metal inside the hole needed to be removed (with a lot of blood and pain) to get the reel in - but once I've fitted the plastic covers it'll look brilliant

Adjustable middle point, as supplied from Touran. Hopefully, when I line the back of the van, I can install a proper adjustment handle on this

Bottom mounting, on reinforcement plate

Roof mounted Centre Seatbelt, but I'm not happy with the position, so thinking of removing and replacing with a lap belt

and finally, just a little picture of the seat mounts welded in, although others have put on much better/more in depth pictures and descriptions of the process, so won't bore you with mine

Hope that they might be of some help - if you'd like to see any further details, just ask and I'll be happy to help
Cookie.
tagrap2003
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by tagrap2003 »

Cookie your a legend! thanks for the photos mate.

Few questions, what seat belts are you using? im guessing touran? I have a metal plate fixed in at an angle in the reel hole, did you have that on yours im guessing if so you had to chop that out?

Also do you have a pic of the side steps? from the pictures is it still the original panel van ones? I sat in VW heritage today for an hour to get the part numbers for the caddy life rear side step/footwell threshold covers.

Seats look great mate cant wait to fit them! I have ordered 4x strengthing plates. it appears the mazda bongo rear seatbelts i was sold with the touran kit dont fit the vw reel holes so might have to go back to the drawing board on that? Its difficult as i dont have full access to all areas on the forum yet to find out what other belts will fit.

I am going to fit a lapbelt to the centre seat as it will rarely be used for anything other than an armrest. Many thanks for the pics the more the merrier! ;)
Cookie4086
100BHP+

Post by Cookie4086 »

Tag,

yes, they're Touran Belts. I need to take them out and wind up the coil a little one night this week, they're not recoiling properly. Yes, there was a metal plate in the hole, can't imagine it does much for strengthening, so wasn't concerned about removing it - couldn't be done with a grinder though, so it was hand tools and sweat and blood...a surprising amount of blood!

I was thinking of taking the high level centre belt out and putting a lap belt in, but it would need to have a 'male' seatbelt fitting both ends to click into the 'female' seatbelt sockets on the centre seat - not sure where I can get one like that.

you'll be able to view the rest of the forums soon enough - it's worth sticking with it. Like you, I did all this work 'blind' as it was before I had full forum access too!
Cookie.
biggeodan
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by biggeodan »

Cookie who cut your plastic step or did you buy it I ain't got the patience to do mine with the arthritis in my hands take weeks
Cookie4086
100BHP+

Post by Cookie4086 »

I did it with a jigsaw, but not entirely happy with it, I'll be buying a genuine one at some point.
Cookie.
tagrap2003
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by tagrap2003 »

Thanks for the extra info! i can imagine that plate inside the reel to be a b*tch to get out!

Guys,

I have the 2x VW part numbers for the rear step in my van il post them later they are £19.77 each.
biggeodan
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by biggeodan »

Cookie I was told there isn't one you know different or have a part number ???
squirrel
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by squirrel »

Out of interest has anyone got the part numbers of the side step trim as I am in the process of converting mine and that would make life a lot easier rather than cutting the original ones about.. thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk