buyers guide

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
gilb
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

buyers guide

Post by gilb »

i no its probably been asked loads of times but what are the main points to look out for when buying a caddy obviously some are going to be in bad condition being a van but all vehicles have there common faults to look out for and model specs to avoid
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: buyers guide

Post by Doc »

Dual mass flywheel will cost you a fair bit if it's on the way out, it'll be evident by vibrations when moving off from stop.
Other than that, turbo and injectors will provide excessive smoke when the engine is labouring if either is shot, exhaust back box is prone to failing on older vans, cam shafts and followers are easily fooked by using the wrong oil. Vans used as cars with very little in the back will tend to do in rear shocks and ARB mounts.

Straight panels are always a plus as touching in those HUGE sides isn't all that easy.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
gilb
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by gilb »

cheers mate

what there the sdi's like i no in a mk4 golf they aint to good?
Firing-line
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Firing-line »

Check the coolant for oil and the oil for coolant is a good start.. take a test drive and try going up a hill in third and see how she pulls.. and what doc said above..
gilb
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by gilb »

cheers people just finding one for a good price in good condition now
sixsr
100BHP+

Post by sixsr »

The sdi's aren't too bad, obviously not as nippy as a tdi but fine once it gets going.

Fitting coilovers makes a huge difference as you can at least corner quicker and maintain the speed.
keith
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by keith »

can anyone advise about the blue motion variant C20 are these able to take a map, odd question as they are designed to use less fuel and be more eco.