crusie control

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Piinko
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

crusie control

Post by Piinko »

hey guys just wondering if 1 of you could point me in the right direction , whilst i was in vw i seen a crusie control box and started to enquire , he gave me good discount but he said he would check to see if it will fit my van ..

phone call later no joy says it has to have the dash computer inbetween the clocks to work this .

So can i fit all this stuff and also fit cruise control ?

thanks in advance
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: crusie control

Post by Doc »

I'd say yes unless there is something strange about your van, pre 2006 need a wire fed from the steering wheel control module to the CECM, 2007 on will have it already. It's just a matter of fitting it (steering wheel off job) and activating it with VCDS.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Piinko
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Piinko »

my van is 06 mate , so basicly its plug and play, in the box there was a wire which had a small plug fitting there i guess thats what it was for ,

thanks Doc ,
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

How much were they asking for the kit?
I think they are £56 to the trade.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Piinko
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Piinko »

it was 65 mate all in. So basicly get it fitted use that single wire to the ecm and hopefully job done if not needs the ecm setting up. The guy said he phoned 3 places and they said it wouldn't fit .
azzatdi
100BHP+

Post by azzatdi »

so is this just a new indicator arm with the crusie control on? so it should just plug in and play?
http://WWW.DUB-IT.CO.UK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rob.S
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Rob.S »

I'm also interested in this.
Is it simply install a box and indicator stalk and unlock it in the ecu?

Cheers
azzatdi
100BHP+

Post by azzatdi »

i dont see what else you would have to do?
http://WWW.DUB-IT.CO.UK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rob.S
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Rob.S »

I'll get mine running first then I'll look into it I suppose. It's very cheap for a genuine CC kit. Both my cars have it and it's an absolute god send when your bored!