Caddy as only car

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
richierich75
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Re: Caddy as only car

Post by richierich75 »

My Caddy Maxi is my sole vehicle now. Still have my Polo which is stored depending a decision on its future. Paying £235 quid road tax for occasional use is outrageous.

I find the Caddy is quiet and refined, especially after returning to a solid bulkhead, and the cab heater is much more effective.

For anyone fitting a rear seats, make sure the fixing points have extra welds applied. Was talking to the guy in the parts department. They see Transporters coming in that have extra seats, in what was originally just a van. Although the fixing points are there, apparently they aren't welded as securely as on a factory built example with rear seats.
--
Richierich

2008 VW Caddy Maxi 2.0TDI 140
Desktopdell
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by Desktopdell »

I have a car and a Caddy and never drive the car.
:D
ekeamonn
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by ekeamonn »

I only have the caddy as my everyday driver. Its the lower spec from factory (no electric windows etc.) and i still find it grand to drive. you could even upgrade seats to some nice car seats if you wanted to. Id advise throwing some tommyzoom bulkhead panels if you can afford them to help with sound. Unless you need to carry people in the back a lot I would say you will find the caddy more than suitable to use as your car.
Jenksy25
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Jenksy25 »

I got rid of my Audi a4 avant for a caddy maxi mainly for mtb transportation. Firstly I had doubts but after lowering and putting alloys on the van I haven't looked back.
Yeti
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Yeti »

I own a car, but I probably drive it once a week, the rest of the time I'm quite happy in the van or on the bike.
Sorry chaps, much as our 2k looks nice, I prefer my Mk2. ;)
niall2123
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by niall2123 »

I only drive a van but have the use of a car too. The Caddy I have to say is equally as refined as the car I drive (2009 Golf 5). I like the van as on the practical side, I just throw everything in the back. I don't have any rear seats so I don't have to worry about moving all the crap everytime I want to give more than one person a lift! :)
ThanksBye
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by ThanksBye »

We've now gone to Caddy as only car, however our previous car was only used about once a week anyhow. Caddy is the bike carrying replacement