Reverse camera

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Patricko
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Reverse camera

Post by Patricko »

Hi guys.
As i dont have full forum access i can not read the post about this.
What camera should i use? I want a OEM camera who i can connect to my RNS 315 and fit my caddy with barn doors.
Is there any DIY? What about placement?
Patricko
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Reverse camera

Post by Patricko »

I have bought an kufatec interface and ntsc cam.
Have anyone used this setup before?
Do i need to connect the trigger wire for cam or just power and ground? I guess the cam are controlled by can bus
r10ppa
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by r10ppa »

This is also of interest to myself.

Just bought a cheap Sonic head unit which ive heard good reports of for the price but would like to install a camera and have no idea whats best etc etc etc, will be watching this thread with a close eye.
gme
Caddy Fan

Post by gme »

I have an android head unit and just bought this camera to fit to it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I thought a lot of the reversing cameras were quite bulky and this one was actually really small and neat and cheap at £11.

I have mounted it on the bit near the lock on the rear barn door. I needed to use a dremel to create a little path for the cable on the rear of the plastic guard but when fitted it was all neat and secure. The pic below the lock is not in the right place - i was just matching it up to see how it looked.

I need to install a relay but otherwise the quality is acceptable for a reversing camera and wasnt expecting 4k HD resolution
Geraout
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Geraout »

Patricko wrote:I have bought an kufatec interface and ntsc cam.
Have anyone used this setup before?
Do i need to connect the trigger wire for cam or just power and ground? I guess the cam are controlled by can bus
The Kufatec unit plugs straight into the head unit. It needs to be coded with VCDS and then will automatically show an image when reverse is selected. Without a camera installed it will just show a "test card" of vertical coloured lines.

The camera needs a separate power supply and is always on (so make sure it is powered by an ignition switched live). When the Kufatec interface switches on the connected camera input is shown on screen.

I fitted one of these brake light cameras.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... a&_sacat=0
Patricko
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Patricko »

Geraout wrote:The Kufatec unit plugs straight into the head unit. It needs to be coded with VCDS and then will automatically show an image when reverse is selected. Without a camera installed it will just show a "test card" of vertical coloured lines.

The camera needs a separate power supply and is always on (so make sure it is powered by an ignition switched live). When the Kufatec interface switches on the connected camera input is shown on screen.

I fitted one of these brake light cameras.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... a&_sacat=0
I have connected the kufatec interface directly into my RNS 315 head unit. 4 wires from the interface are solder in to the 26 pin plug. Can hi & low power and ground.
From my camera i have 2 wires - power and ground i think i will stretch the power cable into the fusebox and add a 5A fuse. Ground to the nearest ground point in the back.
On the rca cable there are 2 trigger wires approx 10 cm long at each end. The best solution is probably to use them to avoid the camera to be powered all the time. Where to you connect them? I was thinking the one in the back to the reverse light and the one in the front to the BCM to a pin that output 12v when the car is in reverse.
Does this sound okay?
EX_gas-Cop
100BHP+

Post by EX_gas-Cop »

Did you get it working in the end?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1.6 tdi 100bhp
Ex gas caddy maxi