Caddy/touran bumpers

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Tstaff111
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Caddy/touran bumpers

Post by Tstaff111 »

Afternoon,

A few questions regarding bumpers, I have 2012 caddy on plastic bumpers that I want to colour code.

What's my best options, muck about with my plastic ones or buy touran bits?

Regards
Tstaff
Gresley
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Caddy/touran bumpers

Post by Gresley »

I guess it depends if you're doing the work yourself or not, and how much you want to spend.
If you're not doing the work yourself it's probably best to ask your painter what he would charge to paint smooth bumpers vs plastic textured bumpers.
You can then factor these costs in against how much extra it would be to have to buy a touran bumper (which you'd need all the grills for) and a smooth rear bumper.
I expect it will be cheaper to keep your existing textured bumpers and have them colour coded.
deebowilliamson
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by deebowilliamson »

Im having this dilemma myself just now.. i have a 2008 and the bumper is really letting the van down.. my thoughts are that the existing bumper even if colour coded will still not look that great.. then would need to buy another bumper and start all over again costing even more.. aaahhhhhh the joys of caddy ownership lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Caddyman76
Caddy Fan

Post by Caddyman76 »

I'm going thru same decision, just brought from eBay, small fibre glass bodykit. Rear bumper corners, side skirts, front splitter. Going to colour code standard bumpers but add the new bits to change the look. We have mock fitted and are happy with the fitment. I try upload some pics.
Caddydaft
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Caddydaft »

Better off if you are planning on keeping the van to buy a touran front bumper and a caddy sportline bumper. Painting the existing bumper will be a lot of work as there is the issue if there has been any silicone based cleaners used the paint probably won't stick very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tstaff111
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by Tstaff111 »

Thanks for the replies
Was planning on doing the sanding/smoothing myself, then one of mates (sprayer) to paint them. I didn't know if the 2010+ tourans front bumpers fitted for definite. Thing with a caddy sport line etc bumper is as soon as they go on eBay, they go for a fortune as there is people like us a bidding one another and they end up a fortune!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

£200-250 for a original 2010+ Caddy/Touran bumper is generally the price you will pay at a breakers yard. Don't go by eBay prices, that's generally those who have connections in a breakers yard buying them and hoping to make a quick £100 or so.
The caddy trendline and highline bumpers are the same as those found on a Touran. The highline will often have gloss black with chrome detail on the grilles, these alone are £200+ new from VW.
FYI, there never was a Caddy Sportline in the 2010+ shape, again this is something you'll see on eBay where someone wants to make a few quid extra on whatever parts they are selling. I've seen startline (plactic textured bumpers) Caddys advertised as "Sportline" to make them sound like they were actually £2000 extra from new.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

You can get a primerd bumper from euro with there discount just now for around £130 not genuine tho
Caddyman76
Caddy Fan

Post by Caddyman76 »

Is that the platinum plus bumper at euro? Has anyone fitted them? Do they fit?
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Caddyman76 wrote:Is that the platinum plus bumper at euro? Has anyone fitted them? Do they fit?
It is them. you could always buy one try it before painting if it's no good take it back
cocomillion
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by cocomillion »

Will the 07 plus model touran bumpers fit straight on?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

No, not without the matching wings, bonnet, headlights and wing brackets.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Ordered a platinum plus bumper today £140 including vat apparently exactly the same as Oem and is insurance certified or something. So will get it next week and see what it's like
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster

Post by TDean122 »

Picked up my bumper today from euro and very impressed with it so far seems really good quality
shanky887614
Hyper Poster

Re: RE: Re: Caddy/touran bumpers

Post by shanky887614 »

TDean122 wrote:Picked up my bumper today from euro and very impressed with it so far seems really good quality
i was hoping you would say its a terrible fit, im tempted to get one now.

euro's sale is on for another 6 days then its down to the usual 30-50% off