Installing Sub

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
dalebolan
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Installing Sub

Post by dalebolan »

Sorry if there is a guide. Don't have permission to view all the forum yet.

But what's the best was to get power cable from battery to the back cabin.

Where's to best place to go through from engine bay to inside the van.

Thanks
Chris017
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Installing Sub

Post by Chris017 »

I went through the passenger side pall couldn't find access anywhere so pulled the plastics off by the door and under that, around the door hinge and through the wing then ended up in engine bay. Not a clean job but got the job done until I install carped inside so will re do it then

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

There is a grommet in front of the ventilation fan, if you unplug it and drop it out you will see the main loom passing through. There are plenty of unused "nipples" in the grommet allowing you to get a cable through without risking water ingress.
This brings you through near the ABS pump in the engine bay where you can follow the loom tray to the fuse compartment.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Sew4mac
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by Sew4mac »

Good info, thanks from a newbie
Geraout
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Geraout »

Doc.

Is there the same way through the bulkhead on a 2014 1.6?

Thanks.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Probably, i don't have one to check but it'd take you all of 60 seconds to have a look to confirm.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
henrycaddy
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by henrycaddy »

Doc wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:24 pm There is a grommet in front of the ventilation fan, if you unplug it and drop it out you will see the main loom passing through. There are plenty of unused "nipples" in the grommet allowing you to get a cable through without risking water ingress.

This brings you through near the ABS pump in the engine bay where you can follow the loom tray to the fuse compartment.
Silly question probably, but what do I have to remove from the engine to get access to the wire and pull it through please?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The battery and battery tray will need to come out if you want easy access to the grommet.

henrycaddy
Caddy Fan

Post by henrycaddy »

Doc wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:08 pm The battery and battery tray will need to come out if you want easy access to the grommet.
Thanks, thought as much... struggling to get the battery out. Guessing I need a torque wrench extension part to get down to the bolt to loosen it and release the battery? *pops to B&Q*
henrycaddy
Caddy Fan

Post by henrycaddy »

henrycaddy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:49 am Thanks, thought as much... struggling to get the battery out. Guessing I need a torque wrench extension part to get down to the bolt to loosen it and release the battery? *pops to B&Q*
Just to confirm. Steps are to take the battery top off, remove connections, take the front plastic off, loosen the bolt, remove the battery, take the back plastic off, then you have access.
Liam
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Liam »

having fitted my fogs today wired temporarily to my low beam i now want to get a wite thru this grommet to the dash for a switch i had a quick look earlier and the battery looked to be a pig to remove ? its very tight for space on the mk4 1.6 with the airintake sitting up tight to the battery does it have to be removed to give enough space to drag the battery out ?
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
Mk2kompressor
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Mk2kompressor »

I removed the air box, then the battery, under the battery is 3 or 4 10mm bolts that hold the tray in place.
Follow the loom down to near the abs pump (silver box with brake pipes)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.Slow
Liam
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Liam »

cheers tackled this today didnt remove the battery tray but removed everything else bit of a pain of a job but well worth it
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

henrycaddy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:17 pm Just to confirm. Steps are to take the battery top off, remove connections, take the front plastic off, loosen the bolt, remove the battery, take the back plastic off, then you have access.
That's about it, but it's much easier to also remove the air filter housing first, and once the battery is out, remove the battery tray which will allow you to route your wires along the loom-tray.
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

Just checking before I do these steps for my active sub power....taking the battery right off won't throw up any lights or code issues, will it?