Hazard switch removal/replacement

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Brent3045
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Hazard switch removal/replacement

Post by Brent3045 »

How do i remove hazard switch? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I.D.S.
Hyper Poster

Re: Hazard switch removal/replacement

Post by I.D.S. »

You'll need to remove the radio,so you can access the switch. Different lense colour on the facelift.
Brent3045
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Brent3045 »

Ok thank you I.D.S.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

If you go in via the radio you will need to remove your heater controls also. I usually go via one of the centre air vents though they can sometimes be tricky to remove.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Was going to say the same, pop out an air vent (by using a flatbladed screwdriver and if you shine a torch into the top of the inside you will see a small metal tab that you bend down whilst pulling on the vent) and then you can reach your hand in and pinch either side of the back of the hazard switch and the switch will pull backwards. You may need to undo the plug for the switch first.
Brent3045
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Brent3045 »

Ok thanks guys very much appreciated

mkrav
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by mkrav »

dan@biali wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:00 pm pop out an air vent (by using a flatbladed screwdriver and if you shine a torch into the top of the inside you will see a small metal tab that you bend down whilst pulling on the vent)
Apologies for bumping an old thread, but this was very informative! I just pulled out one of the air vents to reattach a guide rod (if that's what they're called) inside the vent, so the air direction can be controlled again. Many many thanks :D :D