How many people know their mirrors are different sizes

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: How many people know their mirrors are different sizes

Post by hef355 »

Are your mirrors a direct fit as I enquired on touran mirrors for caddy on ebay and he said I had to drill door and wire in etc. Didnt fancy that so had them fitted, and these were coded in rather than wired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aroo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by Aroo »

I remember about a week after I bought it looking in the passenger side mirror for quite a while as some k**b in a beemer was undertaking me (very slowly) and thinking something doesn't look right with that mirror thinking maybe someone had moved it I kept checking both sides until eventually I notice the blind spot bit on the drivers side made it a bit wider you can't really notice it when your looking from the front but once you notice it from inside kinda pisses my OCD off 🀣 Was thinking of replacing with a LHD drivers mirror maybe?
Although that might duplicate the problem that is reallly getting on my nerves. I seem to have a whistle from my drivers side mirror 😰😰 any thoughts on how to fix when I fold in the mirror it's stops but above 35 with the window open it's almost unbearable any help much appreciated πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
Simon_fox
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Simon_fox »

Have known a few people with T4s get a certain side wing mirror from somewhere in Europe where the vans are left hand drive, so the mirrors are swapped. You can chose then which side you prefer and have a matching pair
Aroo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Aroo »

Simon_fox wrote:Have known a few people with T4s get a certain side wing mirror from somewhere in Europe where the vans are left hand drive, so the mirrors are swapped. You can chose then which side you prefer and have a matching pair
Cool think I like the drivers mirror better just because it has the convex part you wouldn't happen to know anything about curing the whistling would you ?

Simon_fox
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Simon_fox »

Aroo wrote: ↑Sun May 28, 2017 8:11 pm Cool think I like the drivers mirror better just because it has the convex part you wouldn't happen to know anything about curing the whistling would you ?

Not any specific caddy problem I'm afraid, try wrapping electrical tape around the seems of the mirror to see if it's the gap between the front and back before using filler or something irreversible. Take a way peices at a time until you find where it comes from
Aroo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Aroo »

Simon_fox wrote: Not any specific caddy problem I'm afraid, try wrapping electrical tape around the seems of the mirror to see if it's the gap between the front and back before using filler or something irreversible. Take a way peices at a time until you find where it comes from
Cheers Image some sound advice

Aroo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Aroo »

Simon_fox wrote: Not any specific caddy problem I'm afraid, try wrapping electrical tape around the seems of the mirror to see if it's the gap between the front and back before using filler or something irreversible. Take a way peices at a time until you find where it comes from
Cheers Image some sound advice

Simon_fox
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Simon_fox »

Aroo wrote: ↑Sun May 28, 2017 8:31 pm Cheers Image some sound advice

No worries, sorry I don't have anything better. I'm sure someone here has a cure though
Aroo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Aroo »

Simon_fox wrote: No worries, sorry I don't have anything better. I'm sure someone here has a cure though
Will keep my eye out on here in case some one had similar thought it may be worth a mention in case it was a usual suspect and there was a daft fix I reckon it has taken a whack at some point and the housing might be slightly out of alignment

Robr1972
Caddy Fan

Post by Robr1972 »

Simon_fox wrote: No worries, sorry I don't have anything better. I'm sure someone here has a cure though
I believe it's cured by gluing a tab to the inside edge of the mirror cover... although I fitted touran mk2 mirrors so haven't tried this!

phil
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by phil »

VW offer this fox via warranty, though I'm currently arguing why glueing felt isn't a permanent fix
Trials 21
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Trials 21 »

I like that they are odd, don't know why but it adds character, and also it's very nice having big mirrors as my caddy was my first car/van I had

Aroo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Aroo »

phil wrote: ↑Sun May 28, 2017 10:40 pm VW offer this fox via warranty, though I'm currently arguing why glueing felt isn't a permanent fix
I'm out of warranty unfortunately have a 12 plate πŸ™„ Would they still do the fix for free do you know ?Also I never bought from a VW dealer got it from an independent and only one VW service on it so kinda doubtful about them stumping up to fix stuff.
phil
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by phil »

they will do it via goodwill gestures in some cases, always worth being cheeky
stevedm88
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by stevedm88 »

Trials 21 wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2017 9:11 pm I like that they are odd, don't know why but it adds character, and also it's very nice having big mirrors as my caddy was my first car/van I had

I like the odd mirrors, I prefer it to be honest... I don't see why everything has to be symmetrical... take a look in the mirror you won't be πŸ˜‰