Few questions from a Caddy newby

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
louisfalco
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Few questions from a Caddy newby

Post by louisfalco »

Hi I have just joined the forum and have a few questions. I have a 2006 tdi (bls on 130 000 miles) which runs lovely. I have heard these engines are prone to throwing a conrod, how common is this? Is it just a case of the wrong oil being used or is it just a matter of time until it happens? Are there any ways to prevent it? I am also wondering is there a classified section on here as I cant seem to see one? Thanks
horace01
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Few questions from a Caddy newby

Post by horace01 »

Hi and welcome.

BLS engine - some throw a rod some don't. Doesn't seem there is much you can do about it as far as prevention goes other than swapping out the rods for those from previous engine builds which are thicker/stronger.

I don't believe in this idea that they will go eventually. Keeping in mind the BLS is used in many models across the VAG range for every one you read about that has thrown a rod there are 1000's that haven't. I know of a BLS engine with 400,000km on it and it's never had any issues at all.

For sale section - yes there is one. You may not be able to see it as you haven't got enough posts yet to have access. I actually thought newbies could read the sale section but not post to it. One of the mods can clarify...

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;