Speakers

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
stejc09
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Speakers

Post by stejc09 »

Looking to upgrade the speakers in my van and wondering what people are using. Got the Pioneer SPH-DA120 head unit and looking to change the speakers now. Any recommendations???
Chris017
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Speakers

Post by Chris017 »

I got the vibe components in mine hell of a sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beaker2135
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Beaker2135 »

Skipton Car Radio http://www.skiptoncarradio.com/about-us-1-w.asp do a plug and play loom set for doors and tweeters Pheonix Gold or Focal components and can include a sub if you want
It's worth a call, ask for Peter
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
somacose
100BHP+

Post by somacose »

Cheers Beaker 2135 , thats just the sort of set up i was looking for - plug n' play with no hassle.
2013 Caddy Highline superchipped but still no match for my Mk2 Golf GTI
stejc09
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by stejc09 »

Cheers boys will take a look.
aerobic247
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by aerobic247 »

stejc09 wrote:Cheers boys will take a look.
I have the same head unit and looking at adding theses speakers http://www.focal-fr.com/uk/dedicated-dr ... 65-vw.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

my Mountain Biking Camper build viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24530
Geraout
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Geraout »

They look good.

Where would you mount the tweeters - in the dash?
aerobic247
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by aerobic247 »

Geraout wrote:They look good.

Where would you mount the tweeters - in the dash?
Yes replace with the ones that are in the dash

my Mountain Biking Camper build viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24530
Geraout
Twin Turbo poster

Don't buy them !!

Post by Geraout »

I bought a set of these after seeing this post.

Having drilled the rivets out of the stock ones I went to fit the new ones and found they don't fit.

The speaker is the same size as stock but the plastic surround is about 20mm less diameter.

Fortunately the supplier took them back, so it only cost me the return post.

I think they are designed for a Golf.

Stocks back in for now....
somacose
100BHP+

Post by somacose »

I fitted the set of two main speakers and two dash tweeters i received yesterday from Skipton Car Radio, very helpful and knowledgeable on the phone and I'd heartily recommend them to anyone looking to upgrade their caddy system.

Came with wiring loom made up for a simple plug n' play fit and 4 sheets of silent coat sound deadening.

Removed the door cards and the interior door trim/leccy windows etc so i had a bare door skin which i coated with the silent coat (i have a bumper pack of 20 sheets sitting to do all my caddy so i went a bit ott on the door skin and interior door trim), after drilling out the old speakers i riveted in the new focal units then refitted all the trim.

Removed the radio surround and radio, removed the necessary dash parts for easy access, the A-pillar trims were removed a few weeks previous to run dash cam cables and dab aerial cables so that made things a bit easier, routed the wires into place, connected everything back up and refitted all the dash parts except for the A-pillar trims which are a cnut to refit but i think i'll get them sprayed black along with the roof storage shelf before i attempt to refit them.

Fired it up with some Jon Hopkins - Immunity to test the difference and i think i let out a little sex wee of excitement :D , massive difference compared to the old single working vw door speaker that i suffered before hand....so happy with the sound that i have been out for a pleasant drive through the galloway hills for the last 2 hours.

Possibly the best upgrade i've done to the van yet :)
Geraout
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Geraout »

Thanks for the update. I'll have a look at the skipton setup...

EDIT: I can't find any info in the skipton link above for Caddy . Clicking on the pre facelift link just brings up a blank page and there is no facelift list at all.

Somacose - how much was the setup you got?
somacose
100BHP+

Post by somacose »

£195 all in and well worth it as it came with loom all wired up to simply plug into the rear of my VW RCD310 double din radio. I don't think the caddy kit listed on the website. Very decent to deal with so just give them a call
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Looks like a good deal if you can't wire into the existing cables and have no factory Tweeters.
The Focal ISS165 is a basic two way kit. I'd like to think you could do it for not much more than half that price if you were prepared to do some splicing & soldering.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

Pete Preston is spot on in skipton car audio

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
sharpy52
Caddy Fan

Post by sharpy52 »

Doc wrote:Looks like a good deal if you can't wire into the existing cables and have no factory Tweeters.
The Focal ISS165 is a basic two way kit. I'd like to think you could do it for not much more than half that price if you were prepared to do some splicing & soldering.

I have the factory tweeters in my caddy and looking for a speaker upgrade. Besides getting some 165mm components (suggestions welcome) what else would i need? And how would i wire it up.