Speakers

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Speakers

Post by Doc »

Speaker set and adaptors for the doors is really about all.
You'd have to make some of the tweeter mounting bases seen in the kit photo.
If you have factory tweeters, you'll need to fit any supplied crossover before the wiring splits off to the two speakers.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
gohie
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by gohie »

Underseat subwoofer aswell?
Supercharged Performance LTD,

"Suffolk's Premium Mobile ECU Remapping Service"

www.superchargedperformance.co.uk

Contact@Superchargedperformance.co.uk

tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

sharpy52 wrote:I have the factory tweeters in my caddy and looking for a speaker upgrade. Besides getting some 165mm components (suggestions welcome) what else would i need? And how would i wire it up.
I'd like similar advice...
Can anyone confirm the iss165vw kit fits the caddy ( It isn't listed on their website)
I don't think the wiring will be a problem, but where from, and where to?
In my case I don't have any tweeters in the dash :(
In the kit pictured above, the tweeters seem to be wired from near the head unit.....surely bypassing the integrated crossover in the woofer?
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
caddywupz
200BHP+

Post by caddywupz »

I see Skipton Car Radio also do a Vibe door and dash upgrade for £50 less.

Now I don't know too much about speakers, but heard Vibe are a decent brand - no? Anyone have a real world user review? I'd be interested to hear.

Also interested about the Focal IC 165 real world user review. I see some have had trouble fitting, but wouldn't hurt to drill some new hole in them maybe?

I'd love to upgrade, but don't know what to get and not made of money... :)
Photographer & Caddy Conversion-er
Instagram Photos: neil_irwin
Instagram Caddy: caddywupz
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

tommyzooom wrote: I'd like similar advice...
Can anyone confirm the iss165vw kit fits the caddy ( It isn't listed on their website)
I don't think the wiring will be a problem, but where from, and where to?
In my case I don't have any tweeters in the dash :(
In the kit pictured above, the tweeters seem to be wired from near the head unit.....surely bypassing the integrated crossover in the woofer?
It’s a little funny everyone is waiting to see how it all works. I spoke with car audio centre and they said that it fits and I ca run to the dash tweeter space. But they wouldn’t say how. This is the focal iss ones. From what I can see there are two types. One for the golf where the tweeter goes in the door and a generic vw one. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
totty79
200BHP+

Post by totty79 »

Focal 165 VW are not a direct fit, at least not in a 2012 Kombi, I can't be sure about other years or models.

I exchanged the ones I bought for the generic non VW Focal speakers with adaptor rings and wiring adaptors. These were very easy to fit and sound really good, much better range and clarity than standard.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

What are they then??

Pepsi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Pepsi »

Who would have thought it would be so hard to wire up some speakers.!
Want to upgrade mine at some point but want a head unit first.

Afield23
Hyper Poster

Post by Afield23 »

I have the Phoenix Gold kit arriving tomorrow from Skipton but currently no tweeters in the dash - does anyone know if it's easy enough to do?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Afield23
Hyper Poster

Post by Afield23 »

Do the tweeters come with cables long enough to connect to the head unit?
somacose wrote:I fitted the set of two main speakers and two dash tweeters i received yesterday from Skipton Car Radio, very helpful and knowledgeable on the phone and I'd heartily recommend them to anyone looking to upgrade their caddy

Came with wiring loom made up for a simple plug n' play fit and 4 sheets of silent coat sound deadening.

Removed the door cards and the interior door trim/leccy windows etc so i had a bare door skin which i coated with the silent coat (i have a bumper pack of 20 sheets sitting to do all my caddy so i went a bit ott on the door skin and interior door trim), after drilling out the old speakers i riveted in the new focal units then refitted all the trim.

Removed the radio surround and radio, removed the necessary dash parts for easy access, the A-pillar trims were removed a few weeks previous to run dash cam cables and dab aerial cables so that made things a bit easier, routed the wires into place, connected everything back up and refitted all the dash parts except for the A-pillar trims which are a cnut to refit but i think i'll get them sprayed black along with the roof storage shelf before i attempt to refit them.
Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

totty79
200BHP+

Post by totty79 »

Caddyluv wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:29 pm What are they then??

Just checked the receipt Focal 165 AC with CT25VW05 adaptors from Dynamic Sounds. (pus the wiring adaptors which came from ebay)
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

Sweet.

effe
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by effe »

I replaced original fullrange speakers in my caddy maxi 2017 doors with Rainbow Audio GL-C6.2 and put tweeters in dash. Then I added Audiotec Fishers Match PP 62 DSP+Amp .I recommend to noise insulation because it gives a lot of extra bass from doors. I did put bitumen and noise insulation on every layer. I'm going to custom build 2x25l ported boxes behind front seats and install 8" subs in there. It would be pretty hard to make but I'll give my best.
Caddy maxi van 2017 2,0tdi 190bhp & 410nm :)
caddywupz
200BHP+

Post by caddywupz »

A friend of mine has just put in a set if Blam Relax 165's. After hearing how they sound, I will be doing the same.

Priced at £99 including tweeters. Will see how much Skipton will charge for a plug and play setup.
Photographer & Caddy Conversion-er
Instagram Photos: neil_irwin
Instagram Caddy: caddywupz
Klein
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Klein »

Looking at changing my front components and running them through a alpine 2 channel amp

What speakers have people fitted?