partial fadding display

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
carromato
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

partial fadding display

Post by carromato »

20170407_163217.jpg
Any clues what is happening with parts of the display fadding away?
carromato
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: partial fadding display

Post by carromato »

Im almost shure it happens only when the dash is warm/ hot from air or parked under sun rays....
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

That is quite typical on the old Touran midline clusters, is that what you have?
I've never seen it happen on an original caddy LCD.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
carromato
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by carromato »

should be the original but we just bought the car so you never know. How could I know? Do you know if there is way to fix it (other than keeping it cooled :lol: )?
Cheers!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

You can fit just the screen portion of another (newer) cluster but if you're going to that bother I'd just swap it out for a full height display highline cluster.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
carromato
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by carromato »

The hl cluster fit sounds like the ideal solution, thanks Doc!
no iidea what things it does that this one does not. I hope it will not be very expensive or dificult to find someone to put it in place
salutations.