Central locking not working arfter re-fitting door handles??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
dreads6
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Central locking not working arfter re-fitting door handles??

Post by dreads6 »

Hi Guy's

I took my external door handles off for colour codeing i've re-fitted them which i thought i had done correctly then i used my keyfob to central lock all the doors......when i unlocked it i now can't open the drivers or passenger doors???

I did have a read up on a thread on here for fitting the door handles and i think i may have missed fitting a H clip or something like that but i can't now get the doors open to take the handles off to check any help would be great thanks?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Central locking not working arfter re-fitting door handles??

Post by Doc »

I think it's more than likely that you've left the pull wire too tight on the handle. What happens is the same as if you were holding the handle pulled out and tried to unlock, it won't unlock.
To get in and get it unlocked, drop your windows using the remote (hold unlock button), then lock twice to disengage the deadlocks, then pull the inner handle to unlock the door lock.

FYI, it's good practice to check door locks by manually moving the latch (with a screwdriver or whatever) before shutting the door after you've made any adjustments to the lock or handle.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dreads6
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Central locking not working arfter re-fitting door handles??

Post by dreads6 »

Thanks Doc.....that was it the pull wires were too tight i managed to losen them off and all good thanks again for the help!