How does one remove the touran middle row seats fittings? (Bad buying experience)

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
rhyscjharding
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

How does one remove the touran middle row seats fittings? (Bad buying experience)

Post by rhyscjharding »

Travelled for 2 hours today to view a caddy seat conversion from a touran and if everything was good would have purchased. Arrived to see the touran and was shown the fittings and the seats. The fittings were clearly incomplete but luckily the breaking touran was still on the drive so we took a look so I could identify the missing fittings.
The front rail fitting was what was mainly missing from the fittings he was offering so that was easy to Identify but thats where I began having problems and hence the title of the post. It wasn't exactly held down with screws or bolts, so how would one even remove this piece of fitting from the touran?
I ended up not buying anything as he couldn't get the seat belts out either, plus a bunch of other things he once had up from sale he had failed to remove, such as the footwells. He also tried to convince me that I didn't need the front fitting for the seats and started to ask for higher price than we agreed so I just left it. Disappointed but would still like to find out how you would remove this particular piece. (It's the front part that the seats fit into, the part that needs welding in when putting into a caddy).
peely
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: How does one remove the touran middle row seats fittings? (Bad buying experience)

Post by peely »

hi did you get a panel for the seats ,I have just bought a conversion off my local scrap yard ,took me a fare few hours to get it all out,seats and trim are screws bolts plastic fixings but the front floor panel that the seats hinge on is a bit of a pig,i drilled all the spot welds out and it still wouldn't budge as at the front footwell it was triple layered ,so in the end I cut the floor out and took it home to operate on , I am taking pictures so will add them soon ,
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: How does one remove the touran middle row seats fittings? (Bad buying experience)

Post by Whitey »

It’s quite involved to get the fixings off the touran floor but worth it if you persevere.
Some pics in my build thread here...
Whitey's White Caddy 4
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk