Rear Seat Conversion

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
rhyscjharding
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Rear Seat Conversion

Post by rhyscjharding »

Hi all,
I've managed to pick up a pair of Touran front seats, and the Touran middle row seats with all the mounting plates, belts and carpet etc. I am fitting them in tomorrow but I'm not entirely sure how I am going to do it yet, particularly the middle row with all the welding that needs to be done. Could anyone assist and explain the process I need to go through, possibly even post some pictures? I can't see the 'How to' page, and am desperate for this information, as, like I said, I am fitting these tomorrow.
Thanks in advance,
Rhys.
Aikon
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Rear Seat Conversion

Post by Aikon »

Thread is here if it helps: viewtopic.php?t=7732" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
rhyscjharding
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by rhyscjharding »

Not authorised mate
Aikon
100BHP+

Post by Aikon »

:(

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
niall2123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by niall2123 »

Try here ;)

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Thanks for the heads up @niall2123, I'll be closing that loophole tonight. ;)
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
rhyscjharding
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by rhyscjharding »

Managed to do this conversion done based on what I had read on a few other posts here and there. Was a bit worried that I would miss some important step but hopefully that isn't the case as it looks great! Previously had a bench seat in there which was a massive nuisance trying to get it but after that came out and the welding was done it was plain sailing from there. Really pleased with how it looks.
niall2123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by niall2123 »

@Doc I wasn't aware that it was a 'loophole'. I saw that the site was cached months ago. Usually when you allow SEs to cache the content then you are happy for the content to be available.

In fact, it was reading the cached content that prompted me to join the forum.

Be aware that some bots/crawlers ignore the robots.txt content and will archive regardless.

Also, SEO and visibility can be reduced somewhat by not allowing archiving.
Nobeerinthefridge
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by Nobeerinthefridge »

Is it possible to fit a couple of seats in the rear of a Maxi that'll fold forward, or lift out easily then? I'd like to use it for MTBing but would like a row of seats too.
Climb Mountains not so the world can see you, but so that you can see the world....
Nobeerinthefridge
Caddy Fan

Anyone?
Climb Mountains not so the world can see you, but so that you can see the world....
Aikon
100BHP+

Post by Aikon »

Touran seats is a popular conversion, from what I gather on here you need the seats, the subframe that's welded into the Touran floor & seatbelt parts. Once you're up to full forum access there's a good post in the how to section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nobeerinthefridge
Caddy Fan

Aikon wrote:Touran seats is a popular conversion, from what I gather on here you need the seats, the subframe that's welded into the Touran floor & seatbelt parts. Once you're up to full forum access there's a good post in the how to section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Excellent, Thanks Aikon.