Smoked rear lights? Any links?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Dubbugmitch
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Smoked rear lights? Any links?

Post by Dubbugmitch »

Only a thought.. i sprayed mine with the smoke spray from Halfords and a few coats of clear.. only because buying new lights isn't an option at the moment and i couldn't bare to look at the red lights any longer,
ImageImage
Mitch
jackedwardshepherd
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by jackedwardshepherd »

Dubbugmitch wrote:Only a thought.. i sprayed mine with the smoke spray from Halfords and a few coats of clear.. only because buying new lights isn't an option at the moment and i couldn't bare to look at the red lights any longer,
ImageImage
Mitch
Can you take the light assembly apart and spray the reflective silver inside dark, then reassemble? I feel like that would be pretty effective at making them darker but much more robust and wouldn't look as aftermarket? I tried smoking mine with some fly eye mesh which looks cool but you can tell at the edges if you look closely... all about details!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
barty71
Caddy Fan

Post by barty71 »

I simply spray them and lacquer them . Can do the whole lamp or just the clear reverse and indicator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dubbugmitch
Caddy Fan

Post by Dubbugmitch »

jackedwardshepherd wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 2:43 pm
Can you take the light assembly apart and spray the reflective silver inside dark, then reassemble? I feel like that would be pretty effective at making them darker but much more robust and wouldn't look as aftermarket? I tried smoking mine with some fly eye mesh which looks cool but you can tell at the edges if you look closely... all about details!

Well i bet you could! i haven't tried but i would presume they are glued and would require heating up with heat gun and prying apart,
if you do it be sure to put some pics up! .......it would look sweet

Mitch
PRMG
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by PRMG »

What about Laminx? I used that on my MX-5 to get rid of the OEM lexus style rear lights. I did have to upgrade the indicator bulbs to LED ones as bright as the sun to get amber light through the red film!