vmaxx

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
danlondon
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

vmaxx

Post by danlondon »

Hi fitted a set of vmaxx today has anyone had any problems regards the rear wheel sticking out one sude more than the other? im also hearing a slight knocking. (brand new van with 200 miles on)
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: vmaxx

Post by dan@biali »

The rear axle has a tendency to move side to side. Some people experience more than others. I can't remember exactly but I vaguely remember someone saying that you can undo and then tighten the bolts with the van on the floor rather than in the air and that seems to help. Problem is, I can't remember where I read that and what the actual advice is!

As for the knocking, there are a few things that could be. First one is bump stops, then possibly the exhaust, and finally the vmaxx bushings on the rear dampers. There have been instances where brand new suspension has been knocking due to the bushes. I replaced KW V1 rear dampers with V2s because the bushes had been redesigned and knocked from day 1. The change cured the issue as the bushes were a better quality on the V2s.

Is the knocking at the rear?

Sound like this:

youtu.be/LzIfvG3LbK8
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

The axle is a pain, as said if you undo the 8 bolts and nuts then push the axle on the side it sticks out and then try to nip them up that can help centralise the axle, you also find the vw wasn't always accurate when welding the axle brackets so that can influence where the axle sits, you don't notice it when it's at normal height, rear dampers need to be tightened up with the weight on the wheels/axle and this should stop it knocking, if it's been tightened up in the air then they may be already of damaged the bushes, also the exhaust is known to catch on axle when lowered

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
gohie
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by gohie »

didnt have a problem fitting mine. all square and sits lovely!
Supercharged Performance LTD,

"Suffolk's Premium Mobile ECU Remapping Service"

www.superchargedperformance.co.uk

Contact@Superchargedperformance.co.uk

RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by RKDesigns »

My v-Maxx Xtreme kit fits perfectly.