1.6tdi injectors need coding or not?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

1.6tdi injectors need coding or not?

Post by Barbel330 »

Having read through the numerous threads regarding the duff injectors, I'm seeing conflicting info as to whether a single new injector would need coding?

I'm up for changing my dead injector myself but I have no access to any kind of computer other than an OBD2 reader. Can I just fit a new injector and expect the van to run again?
Instagram: @y_5cuf
suthy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: 1.6tdi injectors need coding or not?

Post by suthy »

I've done a few of these now, yes your van will run without coding but i think they need to be coded for the fuelling to be adjusted for each injector, I've always used vcds for coding and is really easy
suthy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by suthy »

I also always replace the bolt that holds the injectors in place as I've heard that they are prone to becoming loose
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Thanks very much for the reply mate.

Yeah I've read about getting a new bolt. Is it the bolt which holds the clamp in?

Anything else I need to buy to get the job done?

I think I'll change the injector myself then take it to somebody to code it as its in limp mode and I don't fancy driving it anywhere as it is.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Isn't the injector bolt stretched when installed to the correct torque (+??°)
If so, you shouldn't be reusing it.

I don't see the point in fitting a replacement injector and not setting the calibration value in the ECU, it's five minutes extra to do the job correctly.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

It is if you have the necessary computer equipment, which unfortunately I don't.
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Just been to my local Citygate to get a price for parts and ask about coding the new injector. They told me that they can't code it on a caddy and I'd need to go to a VW van centre. Seems strange that their software can't do it as the same engine is in many of thier cars, anyone know why that is?

Total price for injector, bolt and seal was £418 for anyone interested.