Central locking driving me crazy please HELP

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
jamie1989
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Central locking driving me crazy please HELP

Post by jamie1989 »

My van is a 2007 caddy tdi.

Long story short my fob stopped working for some unknown reason randomly.

1st thing I did was replace the fob battery and the red light IS flashing.

When the ignition is on all doors will lock/unlock via the button on the door as normal.

When pressing the fob the ccm module is making an audible clicking so that says to me it is defo paired up correctly still.

I really cant understand where the problem is as all doors unlock/lock when the ignition is on but my fob doesn't work :-(

Someone must have came across this before...... I have also bought a second hand ccm same part number and done the old pairing up with the ignition on and spare key lock/unlock in the door and again the ccm is still clicking so iv ruled out the ccm being at fault also or am I wrong?
jamie1989
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Central locking driving me crazy please HELP

Post by jamie1989 »

When I replaced the CCM I also bought the fob that came with the donor so I assumed this would stay paired but again I maybe wrong and its doing the exact same thing as my old CCM and fob.

So I now have my old CCM and fob and a new CCM and fob but both click when I press the fob but all work when the ignition is on via the door button.
dipstr
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by dipstr »

Hi mate does you van have door ajar lights on dash? Does this show any doors open. Try the micro switch in the n/s wing door lower latch as they are common for corrosion. Also with doors shut lower window and operate washers/wipers as if bonnet latch is faulty then they will stop working.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
jamie1989
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by jamie1989 »

I don't have any lights on my clocks to say if a door is open?

Even if a door is open it doesn't light up on my dash either?

I will try and lower my windows and operate the washers now.
jamie1989
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by jamie1989 »

Just tried the doors closed, ignition on, windows down and the washers work fine lol

Im guessing there must be a broken wire somewhere
jamie1989
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by jamie1989 »

Right stripped the dash today and found it had a tracker on it before my ownership. It was spliced into the fuse box and grounded using the drivers door earth im assuming (brown wire).

Any way I have removed all this and I couldn't find any broken wires or signs of bad earth etc

Iv even removed the double din and that all looks good wiring wise.

Im stumped I think I'm going to have to throw the towel in and let a auto electrician look at it.

Iv removed every single fuse, cleaned the metal part and put them back.

Every time I press the fob I can defo hear and feel an audible sound coming from the CCM module. This does this with the old and new CCM though?