DRL's

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DADDYorCHIPS
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

DRL's

Post by DADDYorCHIPS »

If you have drls fitted do you still need the side lights working for the mot? Or is the drl an extension of the sidelights. I currently got my fog lights has Drls but they go off once you turn the headlights on infact they go off when you switch to just sidelights. Which is a pain because I like being in sidelight mode because it turns the cluster illumination on. I know modern cars drls stay on but just not has bright. Is there any settings for this. I have the cornering lights option in vcds but I've never got it to work.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: DRL's

Post by anoneamus »

The usual (factory) setup for (Caddy) Halogen lights is to use the side-lights as DRL and the fog lights as cornering lights. Maybe trying to use the fog lights for both is disabling the cornering lights function?

The standard setup for (Caddy) Xenon lights with LED DRLs is to turn the LEDs off when you turn the headlight on, and to turn off the LEDs on the one side when the indicator is on. All of this can be changed in VCDS (although some of it is undocumented).
rong236
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by rong236 »

I thought the DRLs where a separate light and brighter than the normal side lights.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Geraout
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Geraout »

rong236 wrote:I thought the DRLs where a separate light and brighter than the normal side lights.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Same bulb but it has 2 filaments like a tail/brake light.
Geraout
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Geraout »

DADDYorCHIPS wrote:If you have drls fitted do you still need the side lights working for the mot? Or is the drl an extension of the sidelights. I currently got my fog lights has Drls but they go off once you turn the headlights on infact they go off when you switch to just sidelights. Which is a pain because I like being in sidelight mode because it turns the cluster illumination on. I know modern cars drls stay on but just not has bright. Is there any settings for this. I have the cornering lights option in vcds but I've never got it to work.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As I understand it using fog lights in normal viusiblity is not legal so if your fog lights are on as DRLs it couild fail anyway....

Worth checking.