How do you check power of caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
n3ldv
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

How do you check power of caddy

Post by n3ldv »

Looking for help had my caddy for 4 months and one of the injectors went but I was lucky enough that this was under vw warranty but after I got it back I don't think it's as quick?? Just looking to know if there's any way I would be able to check the map in the van Ito make sure it's the 105.

is there any way vw could have re programmed it when it was in to 75?
TobyMTDI
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: How do you check power of caddy

Post by TobyMTDI »

I don't think it's impossible that they've put the wrong map on it, but I would have thought it was unlikely. Did you buy the van used? If so, are you sure it wasn't remapped to begin with and they've removed the remap (bringing it back to 105bhp)?

I'm not sure if there's any way to tell the power output besides the usual arse dyno, unless you get it on an actual dyno! If you're worried, tell the dealership that it feels under powered after they worked on it and get them to have a look.
derMaD
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Post by derMaD »

Hi n3ldv, the exact power of your engine could only be tested with a "test bench" (like Dyno etc.).
But you only want to know, if you lost 1/3 max bhp. That's why it should be sufficient to compare your top speed and the 0-60 mph time to the values named in the catalogues.

Greetings
Matthias
Knowledge is very special: You don't have less if you share it. 8)
Yeti
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Yeti »

Could they have done the software update for the emissions recall while it's been in? I've heard mixed things about the effects of that.
Sorry chaps, much as our 2k looks nice, I prefer my Mk2. ;)
Simon_fox
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Simon_fox »

Sounds more likely that it was previously remapped, and VW have reset/updated the ECU. Could start by plugging into VAGCOM to see if any things coming up..
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

Take it to a pendle agent, for £40 they will to a health check and a scan and a power run, you will know then what it's outputting

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk