Touran mk1 facelift front end on a 2007 caddy?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Marshall8511
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Touran mk1 facelift front end on a 2007 caddy?

Post by Marshall8511 »

Hi,

New to the forum, looking to buy a caddy at the minute, preferably a 1.9tdi between 2004 and 2010 shape.

I like the touran front bumper swaps, to my understanding and the research I've done the mk1 touran pre facelift bumper is a direct swap and will match the caddys wings, bonnet, slam panel and lights.
I also like the facelift touran which started at 2006 with the big grille,
I know the wings don't have the indicators in on the touran but what about bumper swap? Is it a different bonnet, wings etc for this front? Or direct fit like the pre facelift touran?

Just asking for help and experience from people who've done this conversion, have tried search also.

Many thanks,

Martin
squirrel
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Touran mk1 facelift front end on a 2007 caddy?

Post by squirrel »

Hello. I have a 2008 1.9 and am putting a 2003 touran front on mine.. it all seems to line up as it should from what I can see at the moment. I only trial fitted it to make sure it looked ok before I sprayed it.
From what i have been told for the face lift touran you have to use all the front end of the touran (wings, bonnet, slam panel ECT) and someone did mention having the extend the chassis legs for the bumper mounts but I don't know for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PRMG
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Touran mk1 facelift front end on a 2007 caddy?

Post by PRMG »

Do Mk5 golf bumpers fit? I thought I saw a caddy with a GTi bumper on. Mine's got black plastic bumpers and I can't wait to change them!